Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rednofl

Malted barley Teas

rednofl
9 years ago

I always end up with extra cuttings so I root them and stick them in 1 gal pots and eventually give them away. The problem is a 1 gal pot get root bound pretty fast and the plants look poorly, small leaves poor color
I use an organic soil, and decided to try worm / compost teas hoping to perk them up and It worked some what.
I tried a Malted barley tea and what a surprise , almost all the plants look great within a week they put out normal size leaves and bright green now
Super easy and cheap , if your growing in pots you may want to try this...
Go to your local beer brewing store and buy 6 row malted barley grain NOT ROASTED...should be about $1 per pound.
Then get a small coffee grinder and grind up the barley appx 3 tbs per gallon of tea.... add to the water stir as often a possible for 4 hours NO MORE .... add a Tbs of fulvic or humic acid if you have it, water as you normally would. you can repeat every 2-3 weeks .
Basically you are making a Sprouted seed tea using seeds specifically malted / sprouted for maximum enzyme content ...
Please report back if you try this you should see results in 2-3 weeks .
IMPORTANT use at your own risk if you brew for more than 4 hours it can create Acetic acid a potent weed killer

Comments (3)