Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

POTD : Ecuador Pink

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

good Sunday morning

You know how you are suppose to rest on Sunday?

Well there is no way I can ignore or postpone all the work waiting for me, any longer :-(

Hope that at least some of you get to relax. Not just today...but having your garden plants tucked away for the winter, gives you SOME breathing time.

I should get a few more POTD's with brugs that are going to bloom and hopefully survive the cold temps we are suppose to get next week. Down to 37 Fahrenheit. Got a feeling that it will end up colder then that :-(

Here is today's beautiful angel.
{{gwi:576784}}From POTD for November 09

Ecuador Pink in it's 2nd year but real small. Since this one too had to fight for life after it froze last winter :-(

I hope that everyones angels are warm and snuggly tucked away and do not get hurt.

Have a wonderful day and know that all is ok on my end but just got to cut time off somewhere and that will have to be my addiction ....the computer :-(

Hugs

Lucy

Comments (11)

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

What I wanted to say is that the POTD will continue...but if you miss me posting in other threads...you know I am well and here...just do not have the time to put my 10 cents in .

I made it 10 cents...Since 5 cents just does not seem to be correct for ME rofl

Lucy

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Thanks for the pick Lucy, I can never remember which is Ecuador and which is Frosty Pink, they both grow in the backyard.

BRRRR! I'm glad we live further south! Only upper 50's here then back to upper 60's/70's so still plenty warm enough for us to get out and put in the rest of the stuff from the Mercer trade, Cactus King and the sale at Houston Garden Center, amaryllis (ah, another addiction).....

Stay warm and squeeze in a few pics.

Tally HO!

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Good morning all. Lucy, I never realized Ecuador Pink was such a beauty! This bloom is perfect without any blemishes. O.k. if you must tend to other stuff, just also try to relax some.

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

Wow, nice pic Lucy. My EP was small this year also and only putting on a growth spurt at the end of summer. I tried to get pix of the flowers but just don't have the 'touch' you do with your camera.
    Will

• haase
    14 years ago

I missed you already. But of course I understand.
    Have fun while you're working!
    Ingrid.

• wickedwickedwitch
    14 years ago

Mine won't bloom yet. I shall give it more time.

• taz56
    14 years ago

Lucy, your pictures are always lovely, just like you.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Susan

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Its beautiful Lucy! I spent the weekend cleaning out the garage and getting it ready for the plants. By the time I was done I didn't get a single plant in. Still sick. I hope you didn't get it from me. I started feeling bad the morning I was at your house. Go look at my album I posted if you get time. I finally have some pretty ones that I have waited 2 years to see.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

beachplant I always mix up Daybreak and DayDreams. My case is worse. I only have Daybreak rofl Oh man it sounds like you are having a great shopping time :-) Will you share your new additions with us?

Eloise no time really to relax...UNTIL...the kids get here next week. So far the garage doors installers have not called yet...so I am pushing the clean up of the garage to the limit. If you would see it...you would know why I am frantic.

Will ALL pictures are *perfect*. When you share them out of love with your Garden friends !!!

I must say that Ecuador Pink does produce pretty blooms. I hope that it will grow more. One other real pretty blooming pink was the Rosenquartz from last year. But I lost that one to the freezing last winter :-(((((((((

Ingrid I miss you guys more!! What I have to do, there is no fun in it. But I did get done yesterdat digging all tender plants up. Potting them up and bringing them in my greenroom. YES Mike I have one too rofl. But they have to share the space with my hobbies and me lol.

WWW it will be worth it :-)

Susan I am not sure if I am as lovely as the plants...man I WISH the Camera could take a picture of ME and I come out looking like a rose roflmao

Just look at Kristy's album and you see there is no LOVELY in it roflmao

Kristy now that is not good news that you got sick after you were here :-((( I did look lol. All the other stuff is stunning!! But the clown rofl Will call you later on. I am not sick.

Lucy

• beachplant
    14 years ago

If your on facebook, friend me, I've been posting the pics on there. One of these years I'll learn to post them here.
    Tally HO!

Look for Tally Calvert on facebook, for some reason it's not letting me post a link.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry no facebook user here :-(

Lucy