Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sibhskylvr

OT: Good News - Not Bad! Trust Me!! :))

sibhskylvr
15 years ago

Good morning!!

Things didn't go as planned! :)) Thank God! 'Arrant' is still with us! The Prednisone is what was a major problem! It had locked up his jaw & he couldn't eat or drink. I spent two nights with him in the den spoon feeding him & tablespooning water to him. I also slept in there on the floor with my quilts. I have no more vacation days left - but I spent the last two I had doing something I needed to do! :))

Matt (the vet) had me take him off the Prednisone as it caused alot of the problems! Said it would take a couple of days to wear off. His 'frothing' at the mouth has stopped, the 'lock-jaw' is almost entirely gone, the drooling is gone, and he's eating like a WILD dog - on his own now!! (canned food - instead of his usual dry Pedigree) I have to hold the plate for him - but I don't mind one darn bit! His appetite is GREAT! Last night he actually had a few (very few) pieces of his dry food. Also is now drinking on his own - all good signs!

A little slow to get motivated when going outside - or coming in, but he's doing much, much better! His strength is getting better! I have to closely monitor him for any type of discomfort - which he seems ok so far!

He seems to be getting back to the 'old' sweet little guy!!

Back to the vet here in a few - for a check-up! 'Arrant' - not me! Even though I could use a good check-up myself! :))

It's been a long & stressful week - but with good news, I cannot complain!

Today is Friday - weekend is almost here! I'm thinking I'll have a GOOD one! ('Arrant' too!!)

Just wanted to let everyone know! Wanted to thank each & every one of you for the thoughts & prayers! I think they worked!! :)) You've ALL been the loving, caring, and wonderful people that I've gown to care about & love for the 'perfect' reasons!! Your support through this difficult time will not be forgotten - ever! :)) I think my tears of sorrow & sadness will now be of joy & happiness!

I noticed in my emails - I have quite a few to answer! It will take me some time - but I will get to them! I promise!

Ok - off for now! 'Check-up' time is approaching! I'll update when WE return!! Gosh! It's nice to say the words 'when WE return!!' :)

Love you all!

Mike

{{gwi:577520}}

{{gwi:577521}}

{{gwi:577522}}

{{gwi:577523}}

{{gwi:544789}}

Comments (44)

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh Mike, I am so happy for you and Arrant! It's wonderful to have both of you back to normal!

You know what, the first three pictures reminded me of the dog in the movie "Snow Dogs". Don't recall the name of that dog, but I had thought the eyes were touched to make them look that way and now that I see Arrant's eyes, they are naturally that way! Amazing!

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Eloise

Not back to 'completely' normal - but I think the road is shorter now! :) The first three pics were from 2001. He's 'aged' since then! But then - haven't we all? lol! And 'yes' - the eyes are his! :))

Mike

• threas
    15 years ago

OMG, Mike!! What wonderful news! I'm so glad I saw this before I went off to work! So wonderful! Thank you for posting!

Theresa

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Theresa! Theresa! Theresa!

I'm GLAD too! :)) Please - keep being the super person you are!! And don't work too hard today! I've really got to get going here! 9:00 'check-up' time is fast approaching! I'll check in when 'WE' return!

Love you guys!

Mike

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Great News,
    You and Arrant have been in my prayers. I know you are taking care of Arrant, don't forgot to take care of yourself also.
    Huggs to both of you,
    Dorothy

• plantlover49
    15 years ago

Mike
    that is such wonderful NEWS, on a Fridy also
    Everyone was so hoping for you, we knew how much you love your babies, BTW it's great to see you post this post
    Elizabeth

• wildflower
    15 years ago

Oh Mike I am so happy!!!!!!!! And so glad that you titled this post the way you did! I had clicked on Lucy's thread the other day, saw the beautiful picture she posted and that was it for me, I couldn't even respond.. But I was thinking about you all day yesterday and hoping you were holding up through everything. This is such great news and I'm so glad you let us know!!

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Mike there could not be any better news than that!!! See, miracles DO happen!!!

Hugs

Lucy

• neonposey
    15 years ago

OMG! WHAT A RELIEF! Yes, I'm so glad you had the subject this way because I would have been braced again to fight back tears. I am sooo thankful that you have a good vet who was thorough and identified the problem before letting things go any further. And is such a relief to hear that Arrant has improved so much. Whew. Will keep praying just in case. lol
    Hugs~~~

Suzie

• jumpin4joy
    15 years ago

That is just awsome. Who would have thought it was the medicine. I am so glad we have this site in case anyone else goes through anything else simuliar. Arrant may have saved a life. I am glad for you and Arrant. Brandy

• carmie2
    15 years ago

Mike...That's GREAT News!!!...I am Sooo Happy for you and Arrant!!

• karmahappytoes
    15 years ago

The effects of Prednisone on both humans and animals is a wild thing to watch, glad you took Arrant off it! Ever thought of a baby asperin once a day for Arrant? This is what we have gone to for our fur baby and what a difference in keeping her comfortable. We also feed her Solid Gold w/veggie water which has also made a difference, spendy but worth it.

• chena
    15 years ago

WOOOOOHOOOOO!! I am up doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!!
    Big Sigh of relief... Thank God!!
    Kylie

• knotz
    15 years ago

YIPPEE YAHOO!!...That's great news Mike!!

knotz

• bonnie12210
    15 years ago

Prayers really do still work YAAAAA HOOOO,I am going to continue holding you both up in my prayers,as I lay on my quilts still with Tootie,we are all gonna be okay.Hugs to you Mike and Arrant

• tropicgirl
    15 years ago

Mike,
    What wonderful news!!!! I'm so relieved that you didn't have to go through that pain yesterday. Hope Arrant keeps improving and he is back
    woofin it up again. :o) Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful news with us.

Give Arrant a (Happy Hug) from me, oh ok, here's one for you too (hug). lol Such a good feeling to have that lighthearted feeling again. :o)

Deb

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

I'm so glad he is getting better! He is a beautiful dog. I like the "mask" he wore when he was a pup.
    Shawn

• daniellalell
    15 years ago

YAY!!!!!! O Mike!! I am so happy for you two! ((((BIGHUGS))))
    I too am glad you worded the title the way you did, or I may not have been able to stand opening it..when I clicked on Lucy's, I read what she had said, that perfect brug pic..I couldnt go any further. I have ignored that post since, it's just too hard to read. My heart has been breaking for you. I can't tell you how many tears I have shed for you and Arrant, and am now again crying, happy crying tho!! Every time I have thought about you two, which has been alot, there have been tears. I am so so so so so glad to finally hear some good news. But I will still continue to pray for you both. It's so good to see you posting and HAPPY!!! There is definitely power in prayer!
    Give Arrant some love from me!! ((((((hugs))))))

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

Oh, Mike, I was so devestated when I read the news on Wednesday, I could not bring myself to respond. I just kept hoping something would happen, but resigned myself to the worse.

And then a miracle happened! Now my tears of sorrow for you have turned to tears of joy and relief!!

I am so, so happy for you and Arrant and the rest of the family there!!

Have the most wonderful weekend!

Brenda

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

Oh Mike that is wonderful!!!!! What a wonderful Thanksgiving gift!!!!! Bonnie, we will continue to keep Tootie in our prayers. And I for one will be saying a prayer of Thanksgiving for all the joy my furry friends bring to my life.

Mary

• pearlgirl
    15 years ago

Nothing but HAPPY TEARS for you Mike...I mean Sw-----!!!
    YEAH!!!!!!!!

Margaret

• rigo74
    15 years ago

Now that is great news!!!!!!:0)Sounds like you both will be having a really great weekend.Please keep us posted Mike.

Rigo

• gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Oh Mike! I cant express how happy I am for you and Arrant
    Your whole family!!!
    All day yesterday I would catch myself looking at the
    clock and saying a prayer.
    Thank GOD!!!
    Tears of happiness here!

Bonnie how are you and Tottie doing? Hope she is doing
    a whole lot better too!

Big hugs,

Karen

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ok all!

I have to leave for work here in a few minutes! Vet has put 'Arrant' on Aleve (one gel tab) per day. Hopefully that will take of the slight pain in his right rear leg. Nothing is broken - but it had to have been from the 'tensing' up during his two seizures a week ago Wednesday! And he's on 1-2 tablespoons of Mineral Oil! He didn't like it! Trust!! But of course - I don't blame him! lol! He's been eating very well - but not getting rid of it (if you catch my drift). :)) We'll work on that this weekend! Ok - gotta run! I'll try to be on tonight & hopefully over the weekend - 'get back to a little normalcy!' As everyone knows - I HATE work!! lol! Love you all & each of you have a SUPER day!!

Mike

• napdognewfie
    15 years ago

Fantastic Mike!! I'm so happy for you.

Linda

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

THank you god, I was so scared to read a bad post. So happy for you and Arrant. Give him a kiss for me. Love ya!

• amelia_pepper_lady
    15 years ago

Wonderful news!!!!!

It really made my week.

• chena
    15 years ago

Have a Wonderful Evening!!
    Love ya!!
    Kylie

• luvmy3afhounds
    15 years ago

Mike, This is the best news ever! I am sure you must have aged through all of this! Give Arrant big hugs and kisses from my hounds and me. They said to tell you both to keep up the good work as Arrant must have many years of life left in him....you too LOL!!! I will continue to keep you both in my prayers. I am jumping for joy!!!! Now I know where Brandy got her screen name!!!!
    Joyce

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Mike...my daughter and I have tears running down our cheeks...I cant tell you how happy we are to know Arrant is still with you !!! Please give him/her an extra hug from us...and you are a really special person to do all of that for Arrant !!

I was having a really sad week...and you just made my day !! Id give you a hug, if I could.

Thanks for sharing good news !!

Kym

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Mike thanks for letting us know. Three dogs here. That is wonderful....I have been wondering....Barb

• ladylotus
    15 years ago

Mike,

I'm so glad Arrant is improving. I think of the two of you often. Hopefully you will both have a pleasant weekend. Glad you are back.

~Tj~

• taz56
    15 years ago

Tear's of joy for you both!
    I'm so HAPPY for you both!
    God bless your beautiful
    Arrant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan aka taz56 :)

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dorothy - I have let myself go - at least stress & worry wise! But I'm getting back to my old self. :)

Elizabeth - I've missed everyone! :)) I have ALOT of catching up to do!

wildflower - ;) I guess I'll have to find that thread & check out this 'beautiful picture' she posted! Must be a good one!!

Lucy - You're right! No better news could have made my day so complete! :)) And your card?? Thank you! Very nice! It's on my desk! I'm running out of room on this desk!! lol!

Suzie - 'Yes!' Prayers never hurt anyone! :) I think I'll be doing more in the future myself! It's been a GREAT day!

Brandy - Finally a chance for 'Arrant' & I to say 'Thank you' for the card you sent! It was great! :)) Also - it's sitting on my desk! I may have to put the computer on the floor & use the desk to hold the cards!

carmie2 - I did about the SAME dance you have pictured up above!! lol! Too cute! Thanks!!

karma - Glad he's off the stuff too! :) He is getting one Aleve daily from now on. And I hope you're doing better!! :)) I see you're typing - that's a good sign! Right??

Kylie - 'Happy Dances' are on ME!! :))

knotz - Great news! And I'm really, really happy about it! Actually - I'm more than happy! :) Very happy!!

Bonnie - You know? Spending the few nights in the den lying on an old quilt - covered by an old quilt & lying next to someone (fur-baby or otherwise) you love & care about so deeply, well, there's no other feeling! Those couple of nights gave me ALOT to think about while 'Arrant' was lying there sleeping. You & 'Tootie' obviously know that feeling! I'll be thinking of you both! A fur-baby squeeze to 'Tootie!' And I do think - 'we'll' be ok! :)

Deb - I'm glad too! :) I hope he's 'woofin' it up again too - soon!! He's never really been like the others due to his medical situation (seizures & his legs) but he does 'woof it up' once & awhile! lol!

Shawn - Thanks! He did have the 'Demon' look as a pup! It's lightened up over the years though. Let's NOT tell Elosie the dog in 'Snow Dogs' was named 'Demon!' Our little secret!!

Daniella - Awww! Thanks! Let me tell you - I think I've cried more than enough the last week or so & then some! Trust me! At least they're tears of joy & happiness now! :) That's what counts! I'm STILL going to have to find this thread Lucy started!!

Brenda - Thank you!! :) I've realized a few things through this ordeal! Never, never, never, NOT tell someone (person, fur-babies, or whatever the case may be) how much you love them! :)) One day they may not be there to say those words to & you'll miss out! I don't want to miss out on the happiness 'Arrant' & the other five bring into my life! 'Arrant' still has a ways to go - but I feel he'll make it & so will I! :)

Mary - I couldn't have said it better! (((all the joy my furry friends bring to my life))) :))

Margaret - Happy tears are GREAT!! :)

Rigo - We'll be having a good weekend! :) 'Arrant' STILL has to find out the effects of Mineral Oil! lol! He hates it! :))

Karen - Thanks for the thoughts & happy tears! Fortunately today the thoughts are now on 'The Effects Of Mineral Oil!' lol! Seriously - I've stopped counting the minutes & hours - as some things do have a way of changing for the better! Yay!! :))

Linda - Thanks! And we're happy too! :)

Kristy - It's done! (had to go into the den!) I also gave him hugs, squeezes, & a chest rub from everyone! lol! Might as well give him a little loving before bedtime, right??

Amelia - Mine too! A load has been lifted off my shoulder!

Kylie - Yeah!! :))

Joyce - Aged? Me? lol! Definitely! The very few 'blonde' hairs I had - have now multiplied! The air-travel bags under my eyes are diminishing though! lol! I'll be emailing you - soon!! :)) Probably tomorrow! I have alot to catch up on around here! 'Secret Santa' packages, etc.....

Kym & daughter - I know how the tears feel running down the cheeks! It's happened many times the past week & more! It's that 'chokey' feeling in the throat & chest that gets to me the worst! Wanting to fix something & I can't! It's a very sad feeling when you want to do something to help & just can't. I just couldn't give up on 'Arrant!' I had to do what was best for him (not me) & obviously I'm hoping I made the right choice. Going through life making hard decisions is part of life - we all have to do it! It's unfortunate - but I wanted to do whatever I could & know in my heart I had done everything humanly possible I could do for him. Now - if he can get through the 'Mineral Oil' treatment - I think we have it licked! :))

Barb - Give those three HUGS they'll NEVER forget! Yeah!!

TJ - Anxious to get home tonight from work - checked my mailbox! What is the one thing in there?? A card from you - that is now sitting on my desk! Very sweet! I read it to 'Arrant!' lol! Couldn't help it! But he WAS included! It didn't get much of a reaction out of him. lol! But I explained to him - it's the caring & loving people here on Gardenweb that love & care about him as well as myself! Still - no reaction! We'll leave it at that! :)) Hopefully the 'turmoil' is now behind us! Thanks TJ! It brought a smile to my face! :)

It's been a long day & then that nasty word (work) place had me for the past eight hours! Gone for the night! Tomorrow - hopefully having a good & better day!

Love you guys!

Mike

ps: Dang!! I just previewed this post! Scary! Way, way, way to longggggggg! lol!

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susan

Thank you!! :)) I'm happy for us both too!

Mike

• lopaka_mikale
    15 years ago

Mike! That is such awesome news. I guess Arrant (and God) knows that you need him in your life awhile longer! I could not be happier for you. On a side note... I think Aleve is the miracle drug... I love it! Have a great weekend.

Bob

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    15 years ago

Such great news for you and Arrant, so glad he is gonna be okay! Hug him for me.

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

Waitin' on the mineral oil!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Again, Mike- Bestest news!! God bless you and the gang! This is a huge weight off my heart!

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Mike you hopefully slept like a baby last night :-)
    It makes you feel just so great to have you BOTH back here!

Hugs
    Lucy

• Nancy
    15 years ago

Such great news, I was so glad to hear this.

• carol57078
    15 years ago

Wonderful news, I'm so happy for you. Have a great holiday.
    Carol

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

O.k. Mike, I didn't hear you tell Shawn the dog's name is 'Demon' lol! BTW, how old is Arrant? He is a handsome one, and I pray you will have him for many, many years.

• karyn1
    15 years ago

I'm glad that he's doing well.

• karmahappytoes
    15 years ago

Mike, you can catch on our adventures on the website/calendar that I'm trying to keep up to date.
    Getting smarter left handed! ; )

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler