Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kasha77

OT : Hey Bill!

kasha77
12 years ago

Bill- just wondering if you received my email concerning the box I sent you- and also was wondering what you decided concerning the seedling(s) we discussed. Drop me a line when you get a moment if you will please-

Thanks! :)

Comments (31)

• duane456
    12 years ago

Bill-- I also emailed you about our exchange--please email me, too.
    Duane

• karyn1
    12 years ago

That makes three of us. Hope all is well.

• kayjones
    12 years ago

I emailed him last week about something and he said he would probably be mailing out trades later this week.

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I've been hearing that for a while.......

• kasha77
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I've emailed him several times, nothing. Yet he posted here...

• chena
    12 years ago

I sent Bill an email yesterday just to check on him..I haven't heard back from him..
    Bill I sure hope your OKAY my Friend!!!

Kylie

• chena
    12 years ago

YAY!!!! I just heard from Bill.. Thank God he is fine just swamped with work...I'll Bet he will be poppin in soon.. I hear packages are going out.. just sayin!! LOL

Kylie

• pearlgirl
    12 years ago

Good news!!

Margaret

• rmbill
    12 years ago

I really appreciate everybodys concern about me. It is heart warming. I am sure nobody is implying that I am scamming cuttings from people without sending cuttings in return. That would be evil of me, for sure, to even think something like that.
    I have been swamped at my machine shop so I have had to try and fit the brug thing in to the schedule. I do this for the fun of it and to try and help people get brugs with out having to spend a bunch of money. Last year I sent out hundreds of cuttings and came up around $50.00 short on the postages. I am still sending out cuttings and letting people send me the postage when they receive them. You see, I trust people.

I don't plan on trading cuttings any more as it seems that some are afraid that they will get scammed. I can buy mine on Ebay. They get their money first and don't worry about being scammed. Yes, I am annoyed, but I will still send out cuttings as most people are nice. I will get things out by next week. I have 30-35 requests so it takes a while even if I wasn't busy.

Some of the cuttings that I am sending out.
    Bill

{{gwi:577732}}

• kasha77
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Pretty impressive- you're really organized! I guess we have to be at cutting time- I'm still a mess in my gh. Thanks Bill- looking forward to your box! Don't work too hard!

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Bill I used to send out between 30 and 50 boxes of cuttings every year. After several years it just became too much. We all put in quite a bit of our own money when we choose to send cuttings for postage.

I certainly think you should understand why some of us are concerned. I've been waiting for several weeks for you end of our trade. First you were going to send them in mid Oct, then it was the beginning of last week. All you would have had to do to alleviate any concern would be to contact those who you've set trades up with to let them know that it was taking longer. All of us would have understood completely. Granted it's a hassle trying to keep up with everything but that goes along with trading. You see now why I stopped posting cuttings for postage and only send cuttings to a handful of people now. It gets overwhelming and just isn't fun. It's more like work. I really do hope you understand where I'm coming from.

• kasha77
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes Bill & Karyn- I agree, it is a TON of work sending out those cuttings, whether I'm selling them at my web store, trading or if they are for postage. When I get a little behind in sending out everyone's orders, I like to show a little common decency and take a sec. to send out an email update if there's going to be a delay, so recipients won't be worried. If someone doesn't know me personally, it's pretty hard for them to trust me if I neglect to respond to their emails for whatever reason. I want folks to know I'm a person of my word, and I want to treat others as I wish to be treated. Maybe we just need to state this up front in this forum, so everyone knows what is expected when trading. We all want to be treated fairly!

• rmbill
    12 years ago

I am sure that you all know that it wouldn't be like me to show any decency. I just give these things away to make myself feel good.
    Bill

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Bill don't get so touchy. All we stated was that a little communication goes a long way. We are all busy people and trading plants, though fun, isn't a priority. A PM or even a post on the forum saying "I'm busy and haven't forgotten" would have been a good idea IMHO. Have a good weekend.

• chena
    12 years ago

S%^$ Happens!!!! I guess I am guilty of the same thing... I have 2 trades I haven't sent for various reasons.. Jerry and Caren I will get them out I swear!!! LOL
    I use to offer cuttings for postage it is a lot of time and work.. a PITA.. and I have been screwed over on the postage thing more than once and that is why I don't do it anymore...Bill is an Honest Man.. I visit with him quite a bit.. Communication is import...
    I am sure you will get your cuttings Let it ride ya'll come on!!!!!!! ;0)

Kylie

• chena
    12 years ago

One more thing.. Karyn.. I have a package you will be getting before long.. AND NO I'm not telling what it is..LOLOLOL!!!!

Kylie

• kasha77
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OK- sorry to go on- I'll drop it! Let's have fun!:)

• pearlgirl
    12 years ago

Bill....I will not be a hypocrite to say that I wasn't wondering and waiting also...but, you and I are cool with
    the trade. Like Kylie said, this happens and most likely happen again. We're all brug lovers and we should keep
    sailing along, trading with each, and helping each other
    out when we can.
    As I said to you earlier...it's really nice of you to offer
    up these cuttings (in MY case) because I don't have a lot
    of those doubles. Don't stop trading!! I'm always willings
    to share whatever I have with ALL of you. You all are an
    awesome group of people on this forum!
    Don't worry or fret...let's be happy.

Great Holidays!!

Margaret

• gottahosta
    12 years ago

Bill, you are a saint to sent out that many cuttings to so many people. If I tried to do that nowadays, it would probably kill me! I did send out around 15 packages this year, spaced in batches several weeks apart, so it was not so much of a strain ......... and it was still so much work.
    So, I salute you!!! People are really lucky to be receiving cuttings from you, especially doubles!!!! Yay!!!

As any of you are shipping now, remember the night-time temps. I always check where my package is heading to make sure the cuttings won't freeze along the way. My last (final!) batch went out to some newbies on Monday, and they all arrived just before the really-cold last few nights happened! Phew!!!!

~Brenda

• rmbill
    12 years ago

I bought 72 hr heat packs for the cold areas. I got a deal on them from a friend. $1.00 each plus postage. Brand name, too.
    Bill

• kayjones
    12 years ago

Hopefully, Bill, you will add that to the cost of sending them - unless, of course, you also grow money trees!

• mantorvillain
    12 years ago

Ooh, Ooh, Oooooh! I want one of those too.....money trees that is! LOL
    Will

• kasha77
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That's awesome Bill- very considerate to ship with the heat pads during freezing temps. Way to go! :)

• kasha77
    Original Author
    12 years ago

By the way Bill- if you let me know how much my box will cost, I'd be more than happy to send you postage. I don't expect you to ship using your own funds. Thanks!

• kasha77
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I received my cuttings from Bill today- 3 big fat beauties! Bill, I've just sent you postage through Pay Pal. Thanks again!

• mantorvillain
    12 years ago

Hi Bill. I got my box also...those things are huge. I'll reimbse your costs right away.
    Thanks,
    Will

• pearlgirl
    12 years ago

Thanks so much Bill for such wonderful, fat cuttings! Your
    generosity will not be forgotten. You really mean business:):). I'm mailing the postage straight away.

Margaret

• chena
    12 years ago

Bill!! Thank You so much for the cuttings you sent me as well!!!!! ;0)

Kylie

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Hey Bill,
    I recieved your fat cuttings also. Thank you very much.
    I just had to post this (you got my email earlier) to rub it in to those who had no FAITH in you and yet , no apoligies. I will let it go now. Thanks again.
    Jerry

• pearlgirl
    12 years ago

Let's take a long SIGH and exhale. It feels great!
    Great Holidays, Bill. I have all of my babies in soil and
    I'm off to Florida.
    Jerry, I couldn't pull your list up...as my email account
    is still being straightened out. I'll still save a P&C for
    you for spring, What do you have in doubles? Post here,
    please. Thanks!

Margaret

• sibhskylvr
    12 years ago

Bill

Wanted to let you know the cuttings arrived! They look great! :) Thanks very much for the extras too - really appreciated! Thanks for a good trade!

Have a great weekend buddy!

Mike

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012