Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tommysmommy_gw

Bragging on Cherub

tommysmommy
13 years ago

We're almost at the end folks. There are 70 blooms open today, with 6 more to go. A few of these I took the other night when a bunch were just opening, hence the whiter flowers. If you will notice, as I was lying on the floor looking up at the flowers, I also caught a number of whiteflies on the undersides of the leaves!!

{{gwi:578001}}

{{gwi:578002}}

{{gwi:578003}}

{{gwi:578004}}

{{gwi:578005}}

{{gwi:578005}}

I just have to laugh at how impressed my non-gardener husband is! Really, anyone would have to be impressed at this chandelier-like sight!

Comments (27)

• kathi_rogers
    13 years ago

How old is your plant? I hope my cutting grows up just like yours!! Beautiful!!!

• glaswegian
    13 years ago

Wow....that is a thing of beauty

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That's definitely impressive and really beautiful as the plant is mostly blooms.

• tommysmommy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is only a year old cutting. Its main trunk is a little over an inch in diameter. Height is only maybe 4 feet, and I actually had to cut its width back by about 8" late summer because it was taking up too much room in a walkway. Imagine how many more blooms would have been on it, but I wouldn't have been able to get it inside the doorway.

• chena
    13 years ago

Dianne That is just Beautiful.. I Love Cherub.. It is one of my all time Fav's.. Congrats Girl!!!

Mick I sent you one...;0)

Kylie

• glaswegian
    13 years ago

Thank you Kylie, hopefully it will turn out like that for me too :-)

• tommysmommy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Does that work US to Canada?

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Dianne
    that is Beautiful, all those Blooms, amazing, this time of year it's great too see a whole Flush, Thank you for posting it

Elizabeth

• chena
    13 years ago

Yep Dianne.. works just fine..;0)

• figara
    13 years ago

Wow, Dianne. It's beautiful.

• rmbill
    13 years ago

Awesome Dianne, What kind of fertilizer you you use. Any other tricks?
    Bill

• threas
    13 years ago

Dianne, that's gorgeous! and inside too! :)

Theresa

• glaswegian
    13 years ago

Yes Diane.....spill the beans on the STEROIDS you are feeding that thing :-)

• tommysmommy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wish there was some magic trick I'd use it on all the plants. No this is just Cherub's way. During summer I give MiracleGro's super bloom formula (bloom plus?) but we all know how that turns out in the summer. It just waits for shorter days to go crazy. I spent 15 minutes squishing whiteflies on the backs of leaves today. There are still so many tho. When the flowers drop off, this baby goes downstairs.

• rmbill
    13 years ago

I Think I have a Cherub coming my way from Kasha. I will be paying special interest to it now.

• mantorvillain
    13 years ago

wow! that's really impressive. How's the fragrance? Even a light fragrance would have to awsome with that many open at once. My new Cherub only got to the immature bud stage when I had to bring everything in this year, but hope it does even partly as well as you have achieved.
    Will

• kasha77
    13 years ago

I love that one! Like little pink moons. Mine turned really dark in the basement. Yes, BIll- I'm sending you a Cherub in your box on Monday:)
    Thanks for sharing- she's beautiful!
    kasha77

• tommysmommy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Show's beginning to wind down, the first few blooms are beginning to wither ):

• glaswegian
    13 years ago

Thanks again Kylie....I look forward to such a bloom at this end too :-)

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

I also got one of these from Kathy. I am super excited seeing this picture. LOL...I make it sound like this was the first time I looked at your picture of that Cherub when I have been looking at this picture every day for a couple weeks now!
    Andrew

• tommysmommy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I can't wait to see how Cherub performs for all of you. Mine is now cut back and leafless, in the basement, going to sleep for the winter. I don't expect to see anything like its blooms again till late next summer now.
    Diane

• glaswegian
    13 years ago

It will be next summer before you know it Diane :-)

• tommysmommy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

But I have to get through Christmas chorale season right now. Concerts and concerts!

• glaswegian
    13 years ago

Don't we all Diane

• chena
    13 years ago

Concerts? Dianne tell me more!! Do you preform?

Kylie

• tommysmommy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

First alto, Wheat Ridge Community Chorale! Short solo section in the middle of "Santa Baby" this year, have to go shower and do my hair purty for 7:30 concert tonight!

• glaswegian
    13 years ago

hello everyone...how are things? LOL

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting