Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chena_gw

Show Yourself.. page 2..

chena
16 years ago

Okay.. Ya'll know SOME of us live way out and only have dial up..LOL so can we continue this here so I can at least get the damn thing to load...LOL

Chena

Comments (73)

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Also missing photos for doggies, carmie, Karma HT, edman, moneybunny, brenda, pagrdnr.

Naturally for those of us who are actively engaged in criminal enterprises, please feel free not to put your photo on here and make yourself more vulnerable to being caught. :) After all, we're a tolerant group who will enjoy your enthusiasm until you have to leave us. After all, we're not perfect either, right?

At least I don't think so. But of course I am often mistaken--Say, for those of us out there that ARE perfect, please let the rest of us know so we can begin to hate you. :)

Jim

• wildflower
    16 years ago

Yeah Jim!!! You did it! Great photo and glad you changed your mind and posted one.

• chena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay now!! Miss Brenda (..She never did mention who was on that motorcycle.. LOL) showed her pretty face and Karma did share her pretty purple piggies!! Carmie.. not sure what I missed there..LOL and Jeep had that cool snow photo..

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

ok here I am.

{{gwi:578250}}

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Hello, MAEMAE !!!! THANK YOU !!!!! Who's your friend?

Jim

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

Jim,

That is Maggie, she is the resident evil dog. (I have 4) She is an escape artist and I can't even let her in the fenced back yard without a leash!! I have been told by my nieghbors that she loves to dig up azelea bushes. I think really that they have a mole problem and just don't want to admit to it!! Maggie is the best mole digger and squirrel treer around

Mary

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Hello again, Maemae, Maggie is such a cute dog. What kind is she?

Jim

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Hi Maemae, nice to see you and your cute doggie. Tell them be glad my devil dog doesn't live near them. She unpotted my lavender plant today that I had sat next to the flower bed and planted half of it and destroyed the other half. I couldn't believe she actually planted part of it and covered the roots. Maybe she's learning, lol.

• chena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mary!! Thanks.. you are so Beautiful...and Maggie sounds like a little rascal...LOL..I'll e~ you in a day or 2...
    Chena

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

Thanks for the welcome yall. I have no idea what kind of dog Maggie is, she most likely has some Jack Russell in her. I got her from the pound, they said someone had thrown her from a moving car, but after living with her for the past 2 years I think she jumped, she is just that crazy.
    F4F we need bumber stickers that say My devil dog is worse than your devil dog!!
    Chena, Looking forward to your email!
    Mary

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

I wouldn't doubt if she didn't jump. BB has jumped out of the boat chasing a seagull, lol. She is 3/4 Jack Russel 1/4 Rat terrier. Here she is stealing a fish and one of her in the boat. If she doesn't stay out of my flower bed I'm gonna send her to you, lol.

{{gwi:578232}}

{{gwi:578233}}

• jeep461
    16 years ago

Good to see everyone. Hey you go fishing every weekend? Just finished some planting 70 its outside. I need to take my flounder boat out and chase some flat fish. Like riding a magic carpet on the water. No bait just a gig and if you tire throw the cast net and shut the lights down where you see the most fish. Too easy but still fun.

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

Cute doggies!

Funny with the "devil dog" moniker - that's what my old guy was called by everyone when he was younger. People used to throw down napkins yelling "Flag on the play! Personal foul! Canine Clipping! 20 yards!"

He was good for cutting too close to your knees and taking you out. (grin)

Wonderful doggie pics everyone! Thank you!

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Jim

A link to help you with the pc lingo! :)

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Acronyms

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Jim, I'll trade you my fist born child to take me flounder fishing sometime, lol. Or trade you a freshwater trip here for Hybrids or crappie. I want to go fish at the coast soooo bad! Yes we go every weekend and sometimes once during week at night for crappie.

• jeep461
    16 years ago

F4flowers- holler in the spring. It is a 2 person deal unless someone wants to be a counter weight. LOL we run in 4-6" of water and less sometimes. I might get a new hull or another boat that can handle 3 people in the front after Christmas.Winter is a good time to buy a boat. I have a special spot it is 9 miles away by boat on a calm night you can limit out on flounder, reds, trout and hook an occasional Tarpon. Only on a calm night aluminum boats and pounding do not mix. There is a few miles of open bay. It is my favorite for fishing not relaxing there must be a few thousand reds back in there. Most are a 1/4- 1/2" undersized lol iT IS 4-6 TO 1 Keeper.

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Sounds good. If you get a bigger boat I'll take you up on it. You are welcome to come up here and go with us anytime. We fish year round.

• happyjacq_bris
    16 years ago

Ok here is some of me and mine. My youngest and I making tea...her name is Madeline.
    My husband and I....his name is Darrin.
    My labrador....her name is Zoe
    My poodle with 3 puppies..her name is Zippy

{{gwi:578234}}

{{gwi:578235}}

{{gwi:578236}}

{{gwi:578237}}

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Good morning, Happyjacq. So nice to have you. Very nice looking family, including puppies !!

I would be VERY interested what you grow in Australia and how you get your plants. When did you see your first brug and dat?

Jim

• oxmyx
    16 years ago

happyjacq What a great family. And your husband looks so content being with you.

• carmie2
    16 years ago

Okay, Jim you asked for it!... I don't have to many pics of myself... I am very camera shy!.....But.. here is a recent one..

{{gwi:578257}}

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Carmie, I'm sorry that you are camera shy. But I'm also glad that your reasons are personal instead of objective, as you are a VERY attractive person. Thank you for posting your photo, so we can see the woman we are talking to.

Jim

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Happyjacq, what a lovely family you have. Glad to see you and Carmie you look great. No need to be camera shy!

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

Hi Carmie and Happyjacq. It is so nice to put a face with a name! And all the little doggies are cute too!!

Mary

• honeybunny2 Fox
    16 years ago

I dont' have a camera, my friend Pat is mailing me a cd with pictures she took in March. I will post when I get them. Barbra,

• eloise_ca
    16 years ago

Hey, more photos, great! Happyjacq, cute puppies especially the black one. Nice meeting you Carmie.

• chena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thats what I am talking about!!!!!Ya'll all look wonderful..HJ and Carmie thanks for sharing.. I love this thread...
    Chena

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I want that little black puppy. I don't know anyone that can resist a puppy or a kitten. Even if you aren't a cat or dog lover there's just something about them that's so appealing. Carmie I think many of us are a bit camera shy but you look great, as does everyone else here. It's fun to put a face to the poster and see if they match the mental image you have formed of them.
    Karyn

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

OK, we need some more of you to show your face...um..and whatever else on you that you would like to show. It's nice to have an idea of how the person looks that we are talking to.

Jim

• chena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

JIM!! There will be NO showing of Other Stuff!!!LOL

• oxmyx
    16 years ago

awww shucks! I wouldn't mind some flesh from you, chena..

• wildflower
    16 years ago

Now now Barry...What would Pam say about all that?

• oxmyx
    16 years ago

I don't know about Pam, but Santa is mad.

• tina_2
    16 years ago

Hi all. Here goes - wish me luck?

Here is a link that might be useful:

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Tina, you did it. Great photo!!! So nice to see you. Are Angela and Terri relatives?

Jim

• oxmyx
    16 years ago

Nice!!! Are you in the middle, Tina?

• tina_2
    16 years ago

Hi Jim - Yahhhhhh! It worked!!!!!!! So, I guess you can teach an old granny new tricks!!! Yes, Angela is my lovely daughter, just graduated from nursing school [after 4 years> - she is an R.N. , B.S.N. - hope I got the title right!!!!! She got her Bachelor of Science degree, for good measure I think and just in case she wants a diff. job within the hospital. Ok, I am done bragging for now. Whew!!! Terri is my sweet sil. She is like a sister to me. I want to learn more on posting pics. Even though photobucket has been a Big - help. Am I rambling - oh, sorry. Thanks - tina_2

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:578239}}

• tina_2
    16 years ago

Hey - I think I got it now! Thanks - tina_2

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:448490}}

• tina_2
    16 years ago

Hey Jim - You have a great pic. All of my pics. look kinda rough! No close ups, please! Although, the fam. pics I have are taken after a large meal and hours of camera focus and you kids - "please stand still for nana''! lol. tina_2

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:578240}}

• tina_2
    16 years ago

Okay - How do you put the pic. on the post w/out codes, html and all that stuff. Does anyone teach? I need to learn!
    Let me know and please, put it in common words. Thanks loads - tina_2

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:578241}}

• carmie2
    16 years ago

Tina..check your email!

• oxmyx
    16 years ago

sent you an an answer already tina!

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

Hi Tina, nice photos. You have every right to brag on your daughter. That's what kids are for right?
    Your daughter made a good decision, I think, in getting her BSN, it is a stepping stone to so many choices.
    I got my BSN as well and never regretted it. I mainly did it at the time so I could go on to a Masters/Nurse Practioner but now can make just as much as I would as a NP so haven't had incentive to finish it lol. Kinda decided that I might do law instead. Have some friends who are nurse-lawyers and do exceptionally well.

• tina_2
    16 years ago

Yes, I do think my daughter is mulling over the idea of NP , as you mentioned. Plus, she has been around sev. when taking grandson for Dr. appointments. The NP, sees grandson sometimes. I kinda think, my daughter looks up to the NP. They seem to do a lot of talking - I've noticed. So, I guess we will see. If she stays, where she's at - I think she will be happy. She already has a job and seems to have a nice friendship with her boss at the hospital. I really, like the hospital she has chosen to work at. She has been really lucky, so far. She is a really smart girl and has always surprised us. We have come, to always expect huge success from her. She is the best child -I could have ever hoped for. Always exceding my expectations & overcoming any challenge put before her!!! She was the nerd in school and boys were afraid of her smartness, kind of in awe - I guess.
    lol. Anywho she's the Best! And , okay I am done rambling /bragging for now. So sultry, goodluck with the law thing - sounds like the perfect combo! You can heal someone or ? No, I won't say it! thanks - tina_2

• chena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey !!! That is my SS!!!! Miss Tina... It is nice to seeeee you!!!LOL
    Kylie

• jeep461
    16 years ago

BSRN- such a interesting field. People, are fun to work with. If I had to do it over I would be one. My son just got accepted in the Nursing program at TAMUCC it is so competitive to get in he has a 3.9 whew. To boot he got 2 additional scholarships for the honors program. Kids I love them when they make good choices.

• tina_2
    16 years ago

Hi - Just testing, posting pics. tina_2

{{gwi:444538}}

• tina_2
    16 years ago

Hi Chena - I am so glad, you liked the homemade gifts!
    Ps. I even grew the loofah!
    Thanks - tina_2

{{gwi:578262}}

• daniellalell
    16 years ago

bump....

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

Bumping again!! For the newbies. Heck, for the oldies, too!