Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this?

Posted by suzie29 none (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 12:03

Some kind of disease or what? It happened last fall too when it stayed more damp. I really hurt the plant , when spring came it stayed a small, weak plant all this year with tiny leaves. Last fall was on CG, its now on cherub & Santa Rosa. It will eventually cover all the branches too.

I plan on spraying it with bayer disease control by Friday, I dont know what else to do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this?

It can be several issues. We'll need a little more information.
Overnight temps?
Are they in pots or in the ground?
Last fertilization?
Type soil?

If your overnight temps are dipping into the low 40's - high 30's they maybe going dormant.
Lonnie

o

Some in pots some in ground (amended clay), some have been in the ground for a few years never showing these symptoms before.

I fertilized about 2 weeks ago with MG water soluble.

Potting soil is MG moisture control, always works good for me.

Low temps in low 50s, not even close to going to sleep for winter. That will change this weekend though but I will keep them warm.

o

• Posted by ednam z7VIRGINIA (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 20:34

Looks to me like spider mites and white flies. I would remove as many leaves as possible , then spray the backsides of the ones left on the plant. ( I can see white flies in one of the pictures )

o

I sprayed it with the bayer dc & it stopped (on all the plants) what every this fast spreading thing was dead in its track. I pulled off all infected leaves & its looking much healthier now.
suz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here