Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A heart-warming story of true Brug Love!! :)

Posted by sibhskylvr (Mike) Arkansas (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 14:12

In late September - early October, I received an email from Matt! He had a 'Rothkirch' for sale! I had other priorities, which concerned the amount of dollars Matt was asking for it, going elsewhere. Lonny & Kim decided they would purchase it! Deal with Matt was struck! I figured 'What the heck! Down the road, maybe I could get a cutting from it, right??' :)

To make a long story short - Lonny, after caring for the 'Rothkirch' for so long, came carrying it to my house today! He was my 'Secret Santa!' lol! I couldn't believe it! He also brought me a 6' banquet table which I needed for the plantroom! And says 'there's more coming!' I have no idea what's going on with Lonny & Kim! lol!

Best 'Secret Santa's' one could have had! :) Thank you both!! My day could not have been better, unless I had won the Powerball!!

And Lucy - I guess dreams DO eventually come true! :)

As you can see - 'Rothkirch' has HIS place in the living room window! And now I'm leaving for work & thinking, I'd much rather be home with 'Rothkirch' & friends! :))

Mike

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A heart-warming story of true Brug Love!! :)

Mike, this LOVE is so DEEP, it goes WAY WAY beyond brugs!!

Merry X mas to all and to all lots of LOVE!

Lucy

o

Mike! What a wonderful surprise, I bet you will be smiling until next Christmas!
What else can I say,
Merry Christmas!!!
Dorothy

o

Lonny just couldn't wait. LOL. He was exited as you. The little booger. Guess I am going to have to hog tie the both of you. You are just going to have to wait for the rest of your christmas package. :) Yes there is more.

Kim

o

That is a great story, such wonderful friendships happen over plants.

o

• Posted by taz56 z8 Ga. (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 23:33

See Mike Santa really does exsist!
Aren't GW buddies the GREATEST!
So happy for you!
Susan

o

What sweet friends you have. Thats even better than socks, lol.

o

Who doubts now that the spirit of which Santa represents symbolically (our first big lesson of what an analogy is) exists!

Mike you spoiled brat...you must of been a really good boy! And we all THINK you are!
Merry Christmas -Sandy

o

Oh Mike, I am so happy for you! I know you have been wanting this one for quite a while. What a wonderful surprise from Lonny and Kim!

o

What a wonderful surprise. Enjoy!

o

Mike, what a wonderful story, and what wonderful friends
and secret santas you have.
Im so happy for you!

Karen

o

Mike....what a great story! I get all teary-eyed reading stories like yours. See...Santa really does live in more ways than one. I am sooo happy for you that you got Rothkirch! I know that plant has a "special" place for you!

Linda

o

Mike, I am so happy for you, I just can't wait to see the pictues, when it blooms. Barbra,

o

That is a sweet story! I'm so glad your secret Santa brought you just what you wanted!

Pam

o

Groovy.

o

Hey!!!!!!!

What happened to all of the leaves on my baby?

Just kidding. She looks alright. Just give her plenty of light and remember to keep her on the dry side.

Congrats again Mike! Glad you finally got one. And glad we were able to work something out.

- Matt

o

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (near (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 12, 09 at 17:45

Congratulations, Mike. I have a Rothkirch cross here, and I love her. Lovely form. Lovely fragrance. A true Brug lover's gift.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here