Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whetndri

Just four weeks...

I am new to brugs and received these cuttings just four weeks ago. I never realized they grew so fast. As you can see the first photo was when they were planted, the second today, and the third shows the root development. Just wanted to share with you.

Joe

{{gwi:579431}}

{{gwi:579432}}

{{gwi:579433}}

Comments (17)

• jroot
    14 years ago

Thanks for sharing, Joe. Yes, they will grow very quickly given the right conditions. You are obviously doing that. Well done.

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Looking Good
    Dorothy

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

wow your cutting look very happy and healthy. Congrats!

oh...I just looked one more time....the one on the right....I would rinse the leaves of and underneath also. I always do that when I get leaves that are curled under like that.

What is the brug's name in the middle? Or is it a NOID?

Lucy

• haase
    14 years ago

I like what I see. I assume that you keep them indoors, it must be pretty cold now in zone 5.
    I'll get to work with my cuttings this weekend. I hope I'll be as successful as you!
    Ingrid.

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Congrats Joe, your cuttings look amazing! You will certainly have some nice plants come spring.

• wickedwickedwitch
    14 years ago

They look good. I think we have friends with the same writing perhaps?

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

lol WWW

Lucy

• pearlgirl
    14 years ago

That's exciting, Joe. You should have really nice plants
    come spring. Keep doing what you're doing!
    Margaret

• joe (Wisconsin USA)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lucy, Top photo (l-r) Rosalla, New Orleans Lady and Rubirosa. Thanks for the tip on the curling leaves, will give it a try.

Joe

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Thanks Joe :-)
    Lucy

• tommysmommy
    14 years ago

Can't wait to see what you have to say come February - "what am I going to do with these big plants, I have no room inside for them!?" LOL

• sandysseeds007
    14 years ago

Joe - Nice choice of brugs you have growing there!
    What's ya' got in that there soil?
    -Sandy

• ccdarden
    14 years ago

WOW - I'm totally impressed!

I'm new to brugs and mine are about a 1 1/2 weeks old and just starting to sprout a few new leaves. What method did you use? Looks like it was very successful!

It also looks as if you cut them back a bit. Can you explain for this newbie? Why did you cut them back, etc?

Thanks!

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Looking good!

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

They look great and I want to know what that soil mix is too, lol. It looks perfect. There goes your dining room and guest rooms for the rest of your life, lol. You will be hooked by spring.

• joe (Wisconsin USA)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning all, This is my first try at brugs. The cuttings were first placed in a 10% bleach solution for 10-15 minutes. Next I placed the bottom 2 inches of the cuttings in KLN, a DYNA-GRO product. It is a root stimulator. Next I planted them in small pots, 2.5 square x 3.5 height.

The soil is made up of 2 parts Miracle Grow potting mix, 1 part perlite and 1 part small orchid bark. The pots were then placed on a heat mat in my grow room where I grow my orchids. The room temperature is between 65-78 degrees from night to day, with the humidity between 50-75%. Mother Nature did the rest.

Joe

• chena
    14 years ago

You did an Awesome job.. Sounds like A Bruggie Super Spa at your house .. Mine get the ghetto spa treatment..LOL

Kylie

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH