Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chena_gw

Prayers for Kristy!

chena
14 years ago

Kristy (aka. fool4flowers) is going in for a very difficult procedure tomorrow...She will be in the hospital for one day if all goes well.. If Not???

I hope all of you will please keep her in your Thoughts and Prayers..and Send Healing Vibes her way!!! This is pretty scary and I hope I get the chance to go down and Kristy sit for a couple of days..âºâº

Kylie

Comments (83)

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Thanks you all. Feeling like crap at the moment. Feels like an elephant is sitting on my ribs. I have had several stints put in my bile duct and the last time they put in a metal one and I got pancreatitis. After that I couldn't get any surgeon to touch it to take it out. The plastic ones they said are supposed to be taken out after 3 months but nobody told me that and its been in there for about 3 years and the metal ones are only supposed to be used on people who aren't going to live but a few years. At the time they thought I had a tumor in the head of my pancreas but that was gone the next time they did the scan while I was in the hospital the last time. I finally found a surgeon willing to do the procedure but they pretty much told me to go home and visit my family first and increase my life insurance so I was pretty scared. They said the metal ones are hard to take out without causing pancreatitis again and it could kill me. Evidently sometime in the last 2 months I passed it through my bowel but they still had to clean out all the sludge that was in there did a biopsy and put another plastic stint in the pancreas to drain it because I had a lot of swelling and sludge in there too. They put in one this time that is designed to pass through the digestive tract. All that backed up bile was probably making me sick all the time so I hope I feel better now once it heals. Feel like my sinus infection is coming back so have to call the doctor today and see if they can call me in something. Just finished antibiotics a week ago. Its freezing outside and the dogs all want to go out and howl at the moon. I think I'll join them, lol. Going to try and go back to bed. I'll check back in later this afternoon.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Ok Kristy, IF you go out and howl...I will come over in my PJ's and take a picture.

Call me ANYTIME if you need any kind of help. You hear!!!

Hugs
    Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Wow Kristy, you have been through an ordeal! Prayfully, each day will be better than the day before and soon you will be 100%. It's so uplifting to hear of friends that pitch in and helped, including John.

Lucy, if you take a picture of Kristy and her doggies howling at the moon, make it the next POTD, lol!

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

roflmao Eloise. I can't do that to a friend. It would end up all over the WWW and around the world ha ha ha

Lucy

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I hope you can stay comfortable and warm today, Kristy. I'm glad you felt well enough to post a short note letting us know how you are doing. Sleep is your friend today!

Prayers for your healing,
    Pam

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

How are you doing chickie?

Pam

• figara
    14 years ago

Wow! Wow! Kristy. You went through some tough times. I know you are going to be better. Just hung in there.
    I will continue to pray for your speedy recovery.
    Hugs.
    Pat

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

It gets better then worse on and off. My sinuses are driving me the most batty with the headache. My doctor didn't call in my antibiotics until this evening then the pharmacist couldn't get back in touch with him since he had gone home for the day. He called me in something I am highly allergic to. Duh. He asked me if I was allergic to Penicillin and I said no but what he called in is a cephelasporin and Keflex nearly killed me so the guy felt sorry for me and gave me a refill on the last one I took. I will try and get him again tomorrow but I doubt if he goes to work in the snow. He is old. Found out my ribs hurt so bad because they had me hanging upside down on my belly while I was asleep trying to get at something they were after in there. The nurse told me that and she will have the surgeon call me tomorrow. He was at the other hospital today. Not bad enough to fight going to the ER unless I can't get ahold of someone tomorrow. I'll start the old antibiotics to get me through but the pharmacist said my germs have developed immunity to it or it wouldn't have come back so fast. I'll get over this crap if it kills me, lol. Just kidding. Not that bad just very miserable at times. Could have been much worse.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

I hope when I say GOOD MORNING>..that it will be for you today.
    I can not belief your doctor :-( What if none of you would have noticed?
    It's been only a few days Kristy. You just really need to take it easy. As long as it does not snow....I be able to do whatever you need today.

Hugs
    Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Dear Kristy, I am so sorry that you are having such a miserable time with all this. I hope your doc. will get back to you soon and provide you with the correct medication. Please take it easy. Don't rush to get up and around; there is always another day.

Lucy, why not? It would make Kristy famous worldwide, LOL!

• figara
    14 years ago

Kristy, hope you feel better today.

Hugs.
    Pat

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

They changed my stomach medicine and told me to finish the antibiotics the pharmacist gave me the refill on and go to ER if pain gets worse. I feel a little better today. The meds are helping. I have to call the doctor and let him know how I am doing Monday and get some tests done. Its really cold but I went and checked out the greenhouse. The stuff in there looks better than the garage but the propane ran out already. John had to go get it filled. A tank every 3 days is going to be pretty expensive. I need a bulk tank, lol.Its keeping the temps perfect! Thanks Lucy but I am good. You stay in and be warm. John will be around this weekend. If he leaves and I need something I'll let you know. I appreciate everything you have done already. Just laying around and still sleeping a good bit. Only got a little snow today.

• knotz
    14 years ago

Oh Kristy....I'll keep you in my prayers :(

You're a strong woman, we all know that!!!

Caren

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Kristy you know me, I hate to call and wake you up. Especially now when you need all the sleep you can handle.
    Let me know if and when you have to go to the hospital on monday. I can take you. Just not on Tuesday. I take the neighbor to Temple for her operation.

But I hope that you will just need to go for the check up and all pains are better by then. Sometimes it goes as fast as it came. Well..........so to speak. Are your ribs better?

Glad the greenhouse stuff is ok. I was worried. It was COLD during the night and now. Did not even want to get out from under the featherbed lol

Hugs
    Lucy

• technodweeb
    14 years ago

Kristy, I hope you feel much better. . .man what an ordeal.

My very best to you. . .I'm glad your heaater is working for the brugs.

Kylie, deepest sympathies o nyour aunt's passing. . .best wishes to your entire family. . .

Man the holidays can be brutal sometimes. . .

• phoenixryan
    14 years ago

Kristy, so glad your surgery went well, and hope you kick the sinus problem very soon! So great that you have John and Lucy there to help you out.

Kylie, so sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Phoenix Ryan

• haase
    14 years ago

Kristy, how's it going today? The whole Brug Forum has been praying for you so you MUST be feeling better!!!!
    Speedy recovery!!

Ingrid

• figara
    14 years ago

Kristy, I really hope you feel better. I have not seen any updates from you since Friday.
    I'll continue to pray for you .
    Pat

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Stayed under the blankets watching movies all weekend, lol. I have to go in tomorrow for more tests. They think from the way my belly feels the stint did not leave on its own like they had hoped, lol. Will find out tomorrow. Otherwise it could just be me being weird and not reacting normally to things. I don't feel bad enough to go to the ER but not getting well quickly either so we will see. Might just need more antibiotics. They made me feel much better but done with them and still not feeling well. I'll see what the tests say tomorrow. He said if it didn't leave I'll have to have another ercp to take it out but it will be a quick one unless I have something else going on in there. Hope they don't put me on my ribs again. They are just starting to feel better, lol.

• taz56
    14 years ago

Kristy, I really hope you start feeling better sweetie!
    Don't play with that mess it's to riskie, I really hope
    you feel better and I'm praying for you!
    Hugs!
    Susan

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

I am with you Susan.

Lucy

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I hope that the doc can pinpoint why you aren't feeling better and you recover quickly!

Pam

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Kristy, staying under the blankets and watching movies all weekend sounds great, but not when you are doing it because you are sick :-( Praying that soon you will be 100% well.

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Had the tests done but the girl wouldn't tell me if she saw the drain tube or not so now I have to wait for the doctor to get around to calling me. I passed out when I got back and just woke up a little while ago. Now back to bed and my blankie, lol.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Kristy missed you by a few minutes lol
    Glad you are home and that alone is a great sign.

Talk to you later...just call me when you are up :-)

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Boy, doesn't that get you. With all the advances in medicine and technology, you would think you could get results immediately! Instead, we are made to wait until the doc gets around to it. Well at least you were able to sleep part of the time so it makes waiting less painful, lol! Be well Kristy.

• figara
    14 years ago

Oh Kristy, I am so sorry you have to pass through all this ordeal. Sleep as much as you can to get your strength back.

I am sending good vibes your way.

Pat

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Kristy I'm sorry you're still feeling bad. This is the first i've read this thread since your procedure and I thought all was well. I hope you are feeling better soon

Kylie sorry to hear about your aunt.

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Kristy,

So sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. Hope the doctors get this figured out soon.

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

We miss you & it really stinks to get sick at this time of year. Hope you get it figured out & they can fix you up.

Linda

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Well he never called me today and I've been awake a whole 4 hours. Sleepy again, lol. Lucy if you would call me in the morning so I can wake up and call him and make him check on the tests. I'm freezing. Sleeping in my sweat suits, socks, blankets and electric and still cold until I wake up then I'm sweating. I normally won't even turn the heat on and its on too. I think they stole all my blood or something, lol. Nausea seems to be gone though. Just pain when I eat mostly. I ate one of the grapefruits from my tree. It was sooo good but my tummy didn't like it. How do you make the citrus trees bloom again. Just fertilize?

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

ok I will call. About 9 am?

Lucy

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Sounds good. Thanks Lucy. I only think I wake up long enough to eat then I'm ready to sleep again, lol.

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Good morning Kristy. I'm sending you well wishes for a speedy and complete recovery :-)

• jillybean1977
    14 years ago

Hi Kristi, hope you are feeling much better today. Still sending prayers your way.

Jill

• haase
    14 years ago

Hi Kristy. Hope you feel much better today. You are in my prayers every day.
    Ingrid.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Did the doc call?

Lucy

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Kristy, I hope that everything is well, and you are just sleeping, and staying warm. Please take care of yourself. Barbra,

• figara
    14 years ago

Kristy , keep us posted on how you are. I hope you feel better and better every day.

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

The other surgeon that put the drain in called and said it is moving and on its way out but not gone yet and my liver enzymes are elevated. He thinks I had mild pancreatitis but am getting over it and possibly have an infection which I already knew but since I was sick when I got the surgery he wants me to call my family doctor since he had already put me one antibiotic. His phone was busy all day of course so I'll try again tomorrow. Feel better still just drained. Playing farmville when I'm awake since its too cold to go outside. Gotta get John to hook my water hose back up tomorrow when it thaws out some. I really need to water in the garage. Can't get to the back corner with the bucket and throwing it that direction didn't work too well, lol.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

roflmao I guess Farmville is a lot easier then trying to HIT the bucket with water from afar. Been there...done that lol

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Kristy, today you will reach your doctor, today you will reach your doctor, today you will reach your doctor :-). Vivid description of you swinging that bucket to water your plants further away! John, hook up the waterhose before your wife pulls her arm off her socket, LOL!

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

Kristy, I haven't been checking the forum much lately. The last word I had was that your procedure went well. I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. I wish I could do something to help. I know John must be terribly worried. I'm glad he's such a help with your plants. (Let him know he has an admirer.) AND, take care of yourself. Don't wait too long to go to the ER if things start to get worse.

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

I am feeling better today. Just tired all the time. John had bought tickets a while back for a Polynesian Christmas Festival and Luau and I was afraid I wouldn't feel like going tonight but I went ahead and went thanks again to help from a friend. I was not up to shopping for something to wear and Patty brought me a whole bag of stuff over to try on and I found a pretty dress in it. Had to make a shoe run and John took me to do that. I knew how bad he wanted me to go if he was willing to take me shoe shopping. Thank goodness I found a pair quick. I held up ok until it started getting cold tonight inside the building and by the time we left I had sent him to the car to get my house shoes because my feet were swollen and I was shivering all over. It was good to get out of the house though and watch the dancers perform. Couldn't eat a whole lot but the food was good and I was starving it seemed like. It was nice to eat without getting sick or having a tummy ache. Hope I feel well enough tomorrow to do some work with the plants since its going to be warm. Need to trim off some frozen stuff and do a little plant moving so I can get to the stuff in that back corner easier, lol. I have more room in the greenhouse so if I move a few thing it will work out better in the garage. John won't be home so don't know how much I can get done but it will feel good to get anything done at all, lol. I'll post some pics of the dancers when I get them downloaded. They had a photographer there and we had our picture made. Its the first time we had ever done that. I'll get John to scan it at the shop and post it later. It turned out pretty good considering he photo shopped a tropical background behind us, lol. Thanks for all the prayers. I'm on my way to getting over this crap finally. Just takes me longer these days, lol.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Oh Kristy I am so glad you went and got out and now you have happy memories in a time of recovery pains.

Hugs
    Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Kristy, glad you were able to be out for a bit. Looking forward to those pictures. You just don't know how to relax! You are already planning on going to the GH to do some work! Be well.

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I'm glad you got to get out for a while. WTF is wrong with you anyway?

As for your citrus the cool temps will induce budding. The GW citrus forum has a lot of info but there's also quite a bit of squabbling, at least there used to be. I haven't checked it out in quite a while.

Feel better.

• figara
    14 years ago

Glad you are feeling better Kristy and you were able to go out. Take it easy and do not do too much too soon, especially that John is not home.

hugs,
    Pat

• haase
    14 years ago

Going out to do what you did is, - in my book-, the best thing you could have done. You need a little uplift to feed your well-being process. To get back into life. I'm so glad to hear also that you were able to eat something there, without problems afterwards. That's a terrific sign!!!!
    Good health is creeping up with you. Yes creeping, because it takes a while. But be positive. Your positive attitude will help you to get well!!!
    I also liked to see that you took part in the forum-posting again. Great!! You ARE getting better.

Hugs to you,
    Ingrid.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I hope you feel better soon! I have a question, Kristy. After I got the stent in my right coronary artery, they gave me a card for my wallet in case I ended up in the ER for other heart stuff. Do you have to carry a card with the type of stent you have?

Pam

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor