Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
technodweeb

Tyler - large images - step by step instructions

technodweeb
16 years ago

I'm sorry - I should have started a new post for this so others don't have to wade through it under the passiflora

Tyler:

Here are instructions for imbedding clickable thumbnails:

1. After you log in to your account - you should see a page like this. Go to the red circled tab:

{{gwi:575440}}

2. Then - click on the blue "images from my pc" tab:

{{gwi:575442}}

3. Browse out to the new picture you made with paint:

{{gwi:575443}}

4. Select your new picture that you want to upload and hit "open"

{{gwi:575444}}

5. Hit the Upload Button

{{gwi:575445}}

6. Check the Checkbox next to the image you want to show

{{gwi:575446}}

7. Go to the bottom of the page and click the "generate HTML and IMG Code" button

{{gwi:575447}}

8. Select the code in the top box by just clicking in the box. The code will be automatically copied.

{{gwi:575449}}

9. Come back to the "message" box for the Brug forum and RIGHT click your mouse button and hit paste.

{{gwi:575451}}

1. Hit the Preview button

{{gwi:575452}}

1. You should see the small thumbnail in your preview

{{gwi:575453}}

Hit POST. . .and viola. . you're done.

I hope that makes sense. I tried to give you step by step.

Comments (22)

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Dweeb!

You're not only a master brugger - but a computer whiz too! Great instructions for the newbies! :) I can see this thread will get 'bumped' all winter long!

Mike

• technodweeb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL Mike Thanks!

I wanted him to see what each page would look like through each step of the process.

I don't like to see people struggle. There's no magic - it's not voodoo. . .once you've got the swing - it's a piece of cake - a walk in the park - a day at the beach! (grin)

• ruth_ann
    16 years ago

Actually, there is a step you can take to automatically resize every image as it uploads to your album.
    Images with the overall size of 640 x 480 will make you pictures MUCH nicer for those on Dialup servers.

Where it says "options" in blue... click on 'options'...
    then on the next screen choose the size that says :
    message board ( 640 x 480 )

{{gwi:581009}}

Now no image in your album will ever be larger than what you can post on most message boards. :))

technodweeb, I just learned from you that I do not have to save gifs etc type things to my computer files before uploading them to my album.....

• technodweeb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL Ruth Ann - yep.

And they need to be smaller to go through email systems these days. (Man some of them are crunched down!)

I just don't like seeing people struggle. I don't believe that things need to be turned into a self appendectomy in order to do things. It's nonsense.

No one needs a "fancy" set of software to do anything - nor a fancy set of skills to post to message boards. (grin) There's too much fun out there to be had!

I'm so glad Tyler got it! That's terrific!

And that was the main point - makin' it easy.

• chena
    16 years ago

WOW!!! Look at ya'll go.. That is great stuff... Thanks !!!Ruth Ann thanks for posting how to resize ..I have a terrible time posting at BGI becoz they are to big...Hopefully this will fix it
    Chena

• jumpin4joy
    16 years ago

Great Instructions. AWESOME!

• tyler_23
    16 years ago

Just found this thread. I'm like a bull in a China shop leaving a mess of scattered questions and posts all over the place. Whenever I see a poster that seems to know something I need to know, I just ask away. I'm sure some mods are irked by my newbie exuberance but I'm getting better. Thanks again dweebster. I had some success with infranview, but after your post have been improving with the photobucket. Thanks to the other tipsters out there too.
    Tyler.

• daisy12
    16 years ago

This was a great explantion---I may try it soon...

• happyjacq_bris
    16 years ago

You may just regret that technodweeb...I am going to recharge my camera batteries and start boring you all with pictures of my garden.....We have only owned this house for 6 months so it is a work in progress.

• ruth_ann
    16 years ago

happyjacq_bris, your summer is our winter so please do bore us with images.

• technodweeb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Happy Jac:

No regrets.

Sharing pictures of our gardens and what we're doing is what it's all about. The more people can share - the more people can help and be involved - and come up with great new ideas.

And isn't that the whole point of forums such as this?

More coffee - good morning everyone!

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

Kylie, you were going to show Marian how to post pictures of her garden. Will this help? I didn't know how to link this to a new post.

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

I am glad this got bumped up to the top. I usually have to ask my daughter for help.

Thanks!!!
    Mary

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Thats great. Now everyone can see how easy it is and save this post to favorites so you can refer back to it if you forget. Also you can click the boxes on multiple images then hit the generate HTML button and they will all be in there that you chose.

• oxmyx
    15 years ago

please run that by me again Krysty... sounds interesting.
    "boxes on multiple images"?

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

Thanks Kristy, beats having to do one by one. What I'd like to learn is how to put the pictures side by side instead of them always being in a single row, anyone?

• june_2007
    15 years ago

Now can you tell us how to put a link to my photobucket. I am talking about inserting the blue clickable link into an email!

• chena
    15 years ago

To link back to a pic
    after you check the box next to your desired pic ..This will be listed under that pic.
    Email & IM
    Direct Link
    HTML Code
    IMG Code

click on the "Direct Link" it will turn blue copy and paste it in the box below the Message Box (@GW) that says "Optional Link URL" give a name preview and submit...

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

As for the multiple pics if they are all on one page just click the box under each photo you want to add them hit generate HTML button at the bottom. If there are some on a different page you want to add hit show all and all the pages will show up as small thumbnails then you click the ones you want to post and hit generate HTML. Then you just click on all the garble in the first box to copy and then paste it in your message. I don't know how to put them side by side. I always loose something when I try to do that and it messes up.

• lovelyiris
    15 years ago

Ok, I'm out to dig up more irises and get them in the boxes. But as soon as I come back in I'm going to give this a shot. Now ya'll better be hanging around to help me when I stumble. I'll need someone to help me back up.

Most of the time when I try something like this it becomes too frustrating for me. But I'm just dying to share my photos with ya'll.

Big Fat Grin- or Baboon Bottom to you all.
    love Marian

• karmahappytoes
    15 years ago

lovelyiris, I know you can do it!! Just open two screens and do the step by step. I can do this now and yell if you need help!

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Bumping up this wonderful tutorial that Dweeb gave us last year since we have a lot of new folks. I was trying to find one of my posts from last year to figure out when I brought the plants inside last year, lol. They just said its gonna be 26 Tuesday morning. Why didn't I watch the weather earlier today. Crap.