Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kasha77

OT- Look who adopted us!

kasha77
14 years ago

This little girl showed up on my front porch the other day- no one knows who she belongs to- we're still searching, but no answers yet- but in the meantime- I'm really enjoying her sweet, loving company! We're calling her Annie-

kasha77

{{gwi:581497}}

{{gwi:581498}}

Comments (78)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

OH that is not what I was hoping to read.
    I thought maybe the owners popped up and that made you sad.

Now knowing she can not stay, I wish they would. But most likely they could not handle the puppy peeing everywhere and poor Annie maybe survived an assault on her life?

To bad we all have to set limits.
    2 cats...that is it for me. My heart would get every poor kitty that needs a good home!

Linda...........your heart and soul is SO BIG!!! What a better place you make this earth for the 4 legged souls!

WWW, sending you a hug and expressing my deepest sorrow for your loss.

Lucy

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Some more (strange) news-
    Our neighbor who lives out behind us in a trailer, told my husband that his girlfriend dropped Annie off here! My husband was so P-----! When he asked him why she did that- he said that she almost hit her in the road, so she got out of the car & grabbed her & drove her here to our neighborhood! We don't know if we should believe it or not! Can you imagine someone just stealing your dog like that? Dean- our neighbor said- "well, this neighborhood IS a haven for pets!
    When my husband asked if he was taking care of her, he said "heck no- I don't have any money to feed her!" So we went back to the 5 corners where supposedly Annie was picked up, & posted flyers everywhere... man- I'm trying to find a forever home for her- I have a few interested, one wants her because they are moving to a new home, & "need a dog". The other one, Billee Jo, has a 2 yr old who "loves dogs". I gave her a list of questions to answer, (thanks Linda!) I don't know if I'll hear back from her or not..
    kasha77

• haase
    14 years ago

Oh Kasha, -- this is terrible news. What's gonna happen to poor Annie???

Ingrid

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

What sh*t heads both the GF and the BF! Kathy, I hope the rightful owners show up and take Annie home. Aside from the bump on her head, she doesn't look like she was starving or even a long-term stray. Did she have that collar or did you put it on her?

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

She had that collar on her when she arrived.. Hey, guess what? I just found a new post on craigslist- someone is missing a 7 month old female hound, same colors as Annie- "sweet & intelligent!" she escaped while they were visiting an uncle in the area, 3 weeks ago, just a few miles from me! I called them & left a message! I think this is it! Her real name might be Phoebe- Right now, Annie is sleeping & dreaming on a wicker lounge chair in the warm basement- she's so funny- making suckling motions, running in her sleep, & snoring!
    I love Annie!
    kasha77

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's the latest photo of Annie-
    {{gwi:581499}}

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

I do not even want to get into those heartless neighbors :-(

Have you heard back from the MIGHT BE owners?

Did you call Annie with the other name?

Whatever happens...I hope that sweet pup will never have to hurt or worry again in the home she ends up with.

Lucy

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Lucy-
    About my neighbors- they are really backwards- they are our age- (50's - 60's) so you'd think they'd know better! Anyway, it's 2:12 in the afternoon- still no word from the might be owners... I emailed them & called & left a message last night with them, & left a new post "re: female hound" on Craigslist to them... If they do not respond soon, I feel they are irresponsible, & will seek another home for her... Coincidently, a man contacted me last night too- & wondered if I still had her- he's looking for a hunting buddy- Ya know- I think Annie would be the happiest with him! That's what she does all day here- hunts- finds- & howls- & looks at me like- "C'mon- do your job! I found it, now come on over here & get it!" She's mostly after mice I think. I want whats best for Annie... I did call her Phoebe, no response.. I called her "Annie!" she turns & looks at me! She is such a phenomenal dog!
    I love Annie!
    kasha77

• haase
    14 years ago

I do know this isn't right of me to think that way, maybe you will say this is not the christian way, but I can't help it. Sometimes I wish that the same bad thing would happen to animal-mistreaters, as they did onto the animal.
    And I'll stick with that.
    Ingrid

• chena
    14 years ago

I'm with ya Ingrid!!!

Kylie

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well- it's 8 pm, still no word from the might be owners- but I did see a new post on Craigslist from them- they now want a small dog, because his wife can't have children! I'll bet the husband hit Annie, instead of teaching her things... she is SO sensitive & submissive- she just needs someone who is patient & kind! She loves everybody she sees!
    Well- God has answered all our prayers- my daughter Rachel got an email from a woman in the Durham area (2 hrs away) saying her 73 yr old mom has been grieving the lost of her 13 yr old Corgi & is looking for another dog... SHE HAS A 7 ACRE FARM and is a widow, so Annie would be her constant companion- taking walks through the woods- sleeping in the lady's bed... She even cooks up chicken, & removes it from the bones for her dog- and wanted to know what Annie likes! Rachel told her that Annie needs to be spayed & hasn't had any shots- & the daughter in law said that she will get that done next week for Annie! Hallelujah! Sounds like a fantastic Forever home to me! Wish I was going there! HA Ha! So we brought Annie in, gave her a bath, & now she's sleeping on Rachels bed, waiting for her big day tomorrow.. The lady is coming to take her home!!!! Boy are we all excited for Annie!!!
    Thank you all for praying!
    I love Annie!
    kasha77
    {{gwi:581500}}
    {{gwi:581501}}
    {{gwi:581502}}
    {{gwi:581503}}

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

By the way- everyone does reap what they sow- even if it is hurting an animal! Just like the law of gravity- what goes up- must come down- what goes out- (good or bad) does comes back- a hundred fold! count on it!
    kasha77

• haase
    14 years ago

Oh God, please oh God!! Let this be the permanent and perfect home for Annie
    Ingrid

• luvbrugs
    14 years ago

i am so happy for
    annie, please let us know how it goes, will they have her checked for the know on her forehead too? she is such a sweetheart.

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Sounds like a perfect home. She really looks like a sweet dog. I agree that anyone that abuses an animal should receive the same treatment. Most murders start out abusing animals. A bunch of sick MFers!

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

luvbrugs- I'm sure they will have the knot on her forehead checked out as well- We took Annie to the vet yesterday- they scanned her & didn't find a micro chip- as we suspected- and they said they'd have to do a biopsy to see if there was fluid in that knot on her head.. But anyway- this lady that wants her sounds awesome! She likes to take walks in her woods, lives far away from the road, and is home all of the time, so Annie will have her undivided attention! Annie will be an inside dog! On the couch, in her lap, snuggling, in bed with her, is what she told us! Annie deserves that! Yay!I will keep everyone posted- I am hoping that they will send us some photos of Annie in her new home!
    Kasha77

• haase
    14 years ago

Is she definitely going to this person? It sounded kind of iffy to me. Man I hope this all works out for Annie!!!
    Ingrid

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes- she's coming for Annie- unless we get flooded & she can't get through! She's bringing a collar, some toys for the ride home, & a blanket for Annie to sleep on. it's a 260 mile round trip! I'd say this lady is serious!
    kasha77

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

I think so too. Anybody who drives that far to adopt a pet...has to be serious.
    As her if she adopts humans too? I go lol and I even pick the meat of the bones myself. Gosh I love to pick the bones lol

I also belief that sooner or later folks get back what they dish out. We might not be around to see it...but I truly belief that.

So my dear Kasha...you should have lots of good things coming back to you for what you did for Annie.

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

What wonderful news about Annie getting a new home. Seven acres isn't too shabby for Annie to run around in! Thx Kathy for keeping us posted on this.

• gottahosta
    14 years ago

I love happy endings! I am a sucker for soulful eyes- if we didn't already have 7 dogs....................!!!

I hope Annie has found that happy home!

~Brenda

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Annie is one lucky pup! First great people who worried about her and rescued her and now the life of Riley.
    Thanks for this great story, the perfect time of year for it and thanks for being such a wonderful person.
    Ingrid-I'm with you!
    Tally HO!

• chena
    14 years ago

ALRIGHT!!!
    I am so glad to hear Annie is going to share a life with someone who will love and care for her.. I know she will bring lots of love to her new home.. You have done a wonderful thing not just for Annie but for the Lady she will living with!! Nothing better than a loving dog by your side...

Kylie

• haase
    14 years ago

You will let us know when Annie was picked up by her new owner, yes? Please?

Ingrid.

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The son of the lady who will keep Annie, came for her yesterday & picked Annie up! Annie was a little shy- but they were so sweet & gentle- you could tell they really love dogs! They have a few other dogs- (Bassett hounds & a Jack Russell inherited from a neighbor)- and have medical ins. for them- & plan to add Annie on their policy. ( man- that's great for Annie- even I don't have health ins!) Anyway- he was concerned that the lump might be a tumor- not a broken nose- and was worried about giving her to his mom- (who just lost her dog of 13 yrs) They want to take Annie to the Vet to see what it is. (in case it's really serious, they didn't want to break Mom's heart again) So if you can please say a prayer for Annie- I hope it's not cancer... We asked them to please let us know & we'd go up to Durham & get her back if it was serious- we said -"please don't take her to a shelter"- & they said "Don't worry we won't take her anywhere, we'll keep her!" Then they told a story about their elderly neighbor who was dying, & she asked them to take care of her dog when she passed on- and they did. So these are great folks! So- Annie woke up in the country today- on a 50 acre farm, and if she's got a clean bill of health, she will go & live with Momma Jean on her 7 acre farm.... She was wagging her tail in the back seat when she drove off in a BMW yesterday! My heart aches to see her come happily running through the fields towards me, but I am so very very happy for her!
    I still love Annie!
    kasha77

• haase
    14 years ago

Now you got me crying.

Ingrid

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I know it was hard for you to let her go, but she'll have a great life in the country, I bet. I'll say a prayer for her clean bill of health!

Pam

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

kasha
    What a wonderful 'happy ending' for Annie! So glad you found a good home for her.... I know you are sad to lose her, but HAPPY knowing she has found a loving home!
    Have a terrific day!
    Frances

• luvbrugs
    14 years ago

please let me know what happens to Annie. I also thought of a tumor, but sometimes they are not cancerous.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

It sounds almost to good to be true. I sure hope it is!!! For Annie :-)) Hope she will have a happy long life there!

Lucy

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I emailed Diane last night to ask for an update on my little Annie- will post here when she does!
    kasha77

• oscarthecat
    14 years ago

Through all this the dog doers not appear to be the least concerned. Steve S.

• gottahosta
    14 years ago

Happy tears, here!

~Brenda

• technodweeb
    14 years ago

I'm bawling now too!

I'm so happy for her, and angry at those people who snatched her. . and THEN, to have a guy say they lost their dog, and don't wnat her BACK. . .

Man. .there is a special place in hell for people who do that to animals. . .our disposible society.

Happy tears for Annie, on 7 acres. Beautiful puppy dog. . .she deserves a wonderful home.

I'm sorry Kasha she couldn't stay with you. But she has another home and sounds like she'll be loved and adored.

Keep us up on the prognosis of that bump on her head. It didn't go down, so it wasn't a temporary injury.

And man, you've got better control than I do. I'd have more than a few choice words for the trailer trash back there that grabbed someone's dog and stole it.

And the owners aren't much better for not answering you about Annie (phoebie) if she was their dog.

All in all, a much better happy ending for Annie.

Man I gotta stop crying. . .

• marthavila
    14 years ago

Hi, I'm a newbie here and have been lurking on this thread the past few days. I tell ya, I think I am just as much interested in Annie's story as I am in learning about brugs! Can't wait to hear the result of your update with Diane. God bless you for being such a kind, caring soul!

• technodweeb
    14 years ago

Well Welcome marthavila. . .don't lurk!

Join in! It's funny, I sometimes forget that there ARE lurkers out there watching our conversations.

I lurked for 3 months? something like that. Finally had to ask a question.

Welcome to "Brugs R Us" - and a more happy group of people you'll never find.

They're all gracious, kind, generous, and occasionally snarky. (grin) But not a better group of people on the internet. It's like your family. Sometimes, there are the occasional barking fights, people that you occasionally want to strangle, but you always love them, and they always take you back.

Join the fun!

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Welcome Marthavila. Ditto what technodweeb said.
    I don't get in here as often as I would like, but it always a warm place when I do.

• haase
    14 years ago

And the big "Plus" is, if you DO want to know something about brugs, these folks here are very knowledgeable.
    If any "OT" matters are being posted, that simply means that nobody has any present problems with their brugs. But we still stay in touch. Yeah!

Ingrid

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone-
    I emailed Diane 2x for an update- but she hasn't answered yet- must be really busy! but I'm sure Annie is doing just fine! Thanks for all your support & prayers for Annie!
    (I love Annie!)
    kasha77

• luvbrugs
    14 years ago

any news about Annie?

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Luvbrugs-
    No- no news yet- maybe the holidays have Diane too busy- although I'm a little saddened, she said she was going to let me know how Annie was doing, I emailed her twice- with no response- and yet I don't want to be a pest!
    I promise if I hear anything, you all will be the first to know!
    Thanks for asking!
    kasha77

• haase
    14 years ago

You don't want to be a pest?
    Well, BE a pest. I want to know what's happening, too.

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Alright-
    I AM pestering her! I emailed her a 3rd time just now- & plan on calling her tomorrow if she doesn't respond- I don't want to jump the gun- but if something went wrong, & she couldn't call me to come & get her- I'll be terribly upset- there were others who were interested in taking Annie in-
    Later-
    kasha77

• haase
    14 years ago

Ok, Kasha, settle down. I know you're doing the best you can. and Que sera, sera.
    I didn't mean to upset you. Forgive me.
    Ingrid

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Kathie it is the holiday season...maybe they just are to stressed out too and not enough time to do ALL.

Hopefully taking care of Annie and getting to know her is part of it :0

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Kathy, you did your best (we can all attest to that), and now I think you just need to let it go and believe that Annie is in good hands.

• kasha77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Eloise & Lucy-
    That's really where I left it- but part of me wants to know if they still have her or not- if they don't- and I find out- it will crush me-
    kasha77

• ladybuggyz
    13 years ago

I know it has been months since the last post but are there any updates on Annie? This was such a beautiful story and made my heart melt. I feel like I just read a super great book that had no final ending and here I am in suspense. :)

• kasha77
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ladybuggyz-
    I got their phone number from my daughter, but couldn't bring myself to call them- I would be really bothered to hear that they got rid of her without notifying me- besides, that was back in Dec- I tried to contact them several times then, & they never responded. I wish I could tell you how things were going for Annie, but we'll just have to believe that she's doing fine.
    kasha77

• haase
    13 years ago

CALL THEM!!