Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantlover49

waaay O.T. anyone grows Plummies

plantlover49
14 years ago

anyone that grow's Plummies, Brads Buds & Blooms has a great sale on them right now, check it out, he sends great plants & is a very nice person

Elizabeth

Comments (8)

• wickedwickedwitch
    14 years ago

tempting. quite tempting.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee not tempting at all when I go outside and see all the plants started from seeds and thinking WHERE I am going to put all of THEM roflmao

But you ARE such an Plumeria enabler lol

Lucy

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    14 years ago

they are fragrant,beautiful, plus they go dormant in the winter,so they take us less room, I have waited a year to get mine, I had this list of Brugs & plummies, so now that list is complete
    Elizabeth

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have a bunch of seedlings also, but I can always make room for a fragrant plant, I was hoping there were someone on here loking for a good price, I am sure there are a couple people on here that grew them
    Elizabeth

• karyn1
    14 years ago

He does have nice plants and the ACW and Lava Flow are tempting but I already have 20+ that I have to get stored. For some reason the orange plumies don't color up very much for me and always end up with more yellow then orange. I have Paul Weissich and Penang Peach that I know are correctly labeled but their color has always been disappointing. My reds and rainbows are nicely colored. It's just the oranges. I think it has to do with the temps and short growing season here.

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Karyn
    the ones you have sound really nice, I think I will keep it at just a few, for the same reason, space or lack of it
    Brian, sends the best plants, this is the second year I have bought from him, BTW I am glad you're feeling better
    I would love to see Pic's of your plummies, but not right
    now, you need to get better, before you worry about plants
    Elizabeth

• karyn1
    14 years ago

You don't want to see what my plumies look like now. lol If someone saw them they'd probably take them away because they look so bad. They've gotten hit with a few frosts over the past few weeks. The foliage is trashed but all the tips look fine. I don't think they got cold enough to cause any black tips and I'll know that for sure within a few weeks. They are getting defoliated and put into storage this afternoon. Not only did I have a bad season with my brugs but my plumies came out of dormancy almost a month later then normal and had very few inflos.

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karyn
    I hate to hear that, maybe we will have a decent spring/summer for 2010, when you're sick everything can & will go wrong, I had a HHG that I just got rid of it was over 6ft tall, I had it for 2yrs, it never did bloom, so I donated it to the local university, it should bloom for them, are there anything you spray them with before you store them?
    Elizabeth

Sponsored