Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

OT Just glad to be back.

honeybunny2 Fox
13 years ago

I fell on Nov 1st and broke my hip, I was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. Today is the first time I am really able to get around, and found my way to the computer. I sure missed reading the forum, and seeing what everyone is up to. I sure hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, this was the first time in 35 years I did not have Thanksgiving dinner. I sure have a new appreciation for things I use to just take for granted. Barbra

Comments (8)

• rudy625
    13 years ago

Welcome back Barb,hope you feel better real soon
    Dan in Pa.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I'm sorry to hear about your accident but am glad to see that you are recovering. Welcome back.

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your accident but thankfully your all right! Sorry about your Thanksgiving.
    Andrew

• chena
    13 years ago

BARBARA!! WTF Girl..
    You have my sympathy!! I have had a hip replacement and it sucks.. I hope you are on the mend!! Here all this time I thought you were on Holiday!! You get well!!!! Nice to have ya back let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!!
    HUGS!!

Kylie

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Kylie, I will be able to get out of the house today, I am so excited, I have not even be in my backyard, since I fell. We are driving down to Rockport for the day, the doctor said it would be ok. I just want to go somewhere. My knee replacement was nothing compaired to this. Laying in that hospital on my back for almost 3 weeks, was the worse thing I have ever been thru. Barbra

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Oh mine Barbra, you have had a rough time there. And here I thought I was having a bad time being laid up for two weeks with my back! Well hopefully the trip to Rockport will do you lots of good. Take care.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gosh, it was so nice to get out. I must have the best neighbors in the world, they cut our grass and took care of our yard, it was just emerald green. My hibiscus were in full bloom, if it weren't for all the weeds in my flowerbeds, you would not even know I have not been there since the end of September. I hope we can go back in a few weeks and I can dig up my desert rose and plumeria. Should I dig up the siam ruby bananas? They just love it down there, and so do the siam tulips. The only plants I lost are the brugmansia plants that I moved into full sun. I just do not think Texas heat is the same as Florida. I lost every plant I moved into the sun, I think it is just too hot here to put anything in full sun except bouganvilla. Barbra

• chena
    13 years ago

Oh Barbra I am so glad you were able to go to the coast! That had to be wonderful.. I would dig the Siam and pot it up.. You need to keep those Brugs in the afternoon shade or they just fry.. I have some here I can send you whenever you want and I will send you a link to a trading forum .. It is at another site so I can't mention it here ;0) You don't over do it and let someone else do the digging!! LOL

Kylie