Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Southern Belle

Posted by mnwsgal 4 Henn MN (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 9, 11 at 21:49

Walking down stairs to do laundry I caught a whiff of Southern Belle. Southern Belle and White Sanvoleus each had a few buds to open when I brought them inside. The other buds on Southern Belle dropped so this will be the only blossom. Hope it stays a few days and darkens like the ones on Pink Beauty earlier.

Both plants are year old rooted cuttings that did not bloom this summer.

I brought the rest of the brugs inside from the unheated garage last evening. Most will be stored dormant through the winter with only a few young plants that I got in trades this fall under lights.

Bobbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Southern Belle

Bet the scent was divine, Bobbie! Hope the blooms hang on for you to enjoy.

o

At least you got to see a bloom. I had to cut mine back and didn't get to see blooms on several. Hope next year's weather is more condusive to growing brugs here. It's been about 3 years since I had a really good season.

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 10, 11 at 13:46

Very COOL Bobbie!!! We got a freak cold front so most of mine look like wilted spinach.... BUT should be fine.. Need to do some cutting to clean them up.. I still have a couple of Trades to send out...

Kylie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here