Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by maile-2010 4 Central MN. (jslsfish4u@clearwire.net) on
Tue, Nov 23, 10 at 22:39

Tuesday nite. 19 degrees out now 9:40pm. low 10 degrees.
Wed. 2" of snow and very windy. 25 for high. 10 for low.
Thur. 16 for high and 4 for low and very windy.
Bummed because I can't get any cuttings shipped to me because of our un-seasonable cold weather. Don't want them to freeze.
Jerry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes! It's still pretty mild here with daytime temps around 60. You can safely have plants shipped in cold weather if the sender includes a heat pack. They are usually used in the pet business for shipping reptiles and tropical fish. I like the 72 hour packs. You can find them online and on Ebay. Here's what they are. I'm not recommending this vendor and have never purchased from them. It's just the first site that popped up.

Here is a link that might be useful: UniHeat heat packs

o
RE: heat packs

Thanks for the info Karyn.
Sent you an email.
Jerry

o

Jerry- just read Karyn1's post- sending you an email-
kasha77

o

Brrrrrr! is right. I used to travel through there for work and it is really cold.

We're about to see our weather turn here in South Texas. It's 74o right now (10:00 pm Central) but they're predicting a freeze tomorrow night. Then it'll warm up again so I hope to get a few more weeks of blooms. Flamenco opened a bloom this morning. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.

o

BRRRRRR!!! The front hit us last night late, lots of wind, rain and drop in temp. But low only supposed to be 44 tonight 53 tomorrow night so don't have to worry about the jungle..yet.
Stay warm everyone!
Tally HO!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here