Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT: POTD: Can not hold back the Copper Daisy blooms any longer

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

Good morning all

Whenever I go out front in the yard and I see the Copper Daisy in full bloom, I say to myself that I just GOT TO share that gorgeous view with you.

Today is the day!!
{{gwi:585096}}From POTD for December 09

It grew back from nothing this year into this HUGE HUGE *shrub?* Took over lots of plants underneath but since it is real picky when you lift it...I just left it alone.

Some like the smell...some say: Oh what is that smell lol. I like it but the deer don't :-)))) It grew way past the fence and they do not touch that one.

The last few days the deer even knocked down the fence to the fig tree to get to the stems....so hey....Copper Daisy will always be in my front yard. I can only recommend it!

Mostly green and growing all year long but OH what a sight once it starts blooming!

Bees..and TONS and TONS of all sorts of butterflies!!

When all is bare...you still have these pretty bright blooms showing off their glory.

Hope your day is filled with wonderful moments

Lucy

Comments (12)

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Oh Lucy that is beautiful!!! I really like the look of it.
    Save me a few seeds if you can. I would love to try it.
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Good morning all. Lucy, that is like a ray of sunshine! I have never heard of Copper Daisy before. O.k. had to google and came up with Tagetes lemmonii. There was a volunteer in my front yard a couple of years ago, and I know what you mean about the scent. I think the gophers must have gotten to mine because it's gone.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I will collect seeds. But I am hoping that the low laying branches will ROOT :-) and I have plants to share too.

Lucy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

That's beautiful. Are you saying that's one plant? Deer proof, maybe I should plant that around my Fuyu persimmon tree. I got my first fruit this year and the deer ate everything, not only the fruit but all the new branches too : ( My figs didn't produce a single fruit this season and last year they did so well. I have to wrap them in burlap at the end of the month but need to cut them back first. I'm not climbing any ladders to wrap them.

There's very little still growing at my house but 5 miles closer to the city almost everything is still in bloom.

What are those pretty pink flowers on the left near the fence?

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

That is a gorgeous display of yellow, Ms Lucy! I am a daisy killer, they just don't like me, so seeing yours looking so sunny really makes my day.

Pam

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karyn YES, ONE plant!!! You should try it!! Gave Kristy one for her shop :-) Had bought a little seedling at the local nursery. Not realizing it was the SAME lol. Since YES they come under different names.

All I remember is that when I bought THAT one, there was Mexican in the name!

The pink flowers are the morning glory tree I planted there :-) But I guess it does not like SOMETHING about that location...Others grew HUGE...the one advice I can give is...when you have one growing....bend the whole plant DOWN so it is more laying then standing. That is what the one behind the house did on it's own. Low and behold....new growth shot out all along the stem and it grew really into a nice bushy looking plant.

Lucy

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pam we posted at the same time. You being in TX...you wanna try this one? I tell you....no matter what I do to this one in the 2 seasons....it loves full sun and is a no care plant. Which takes my watering...not watering. all weather.

I am going to plant more of that in the front because it just looks SO GORGEOUS and grows :-) And STAYS because deer must really hate it lol

Lucy

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

Thanks for the offer Lucy, but that would be a horrible fate for a lovely plant! If my gerbera daisy makes it through this winter, I may branch out a little.

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

That's beautiful. I'll look for that one, if the deer don't like it then I love it!

Hope it likes cold because we're going to have plenty of that around here.

Did you get snow yet?

I'm busy bringing everything in today Brugs and all. Going to have to put the Christmas lights on the Bananas instead of the house, lol!

• haase
    14 years ago

What a stunning show of sunburst. Lucy you amaze me again with the many flowers you have in your garden. So beautiful!

Ingrid.

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Great Lucy seeds or plants either would great!
    I'll be glad to pay the posted just let me know when.
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• chena
    14 years ago

Beautiful Lucy!! You surprise me everyday!!âºâº
    Thank You!!

Kylie

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus