Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT : POTD: December has arrived

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

Good morning.

Can you belief that we have December already?

I am NOT ready for it!!

Lucky are the ones, who got all their shopping, cards etc, done!

When taking the youngest to the airport, she complained of a sore throat.

Well, guess who laid in bed all day yesterday?

Yupp. Instead of cleaning, I slept all day.

Having a cat in full heat does not help much either lol. Poor thing does not know WHAT is happening rofl.

Since the weather is so crazy, How about if we start December of with a sky picture?
{{gwi:585134}}From POTD for December 09

The son send a picture yesterday from El Paso, SNOW! lol But he has only one more day and then they are on their way to Iraq.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

All in need of prayers will be included in a minute when I crawl back to bed.

Our thoughts are with you

Lucy

Comments (12)

• karyn1
    14 years ago

It's Dec alright. I got up this morning to 30 degrees brrrrrrr! I was getting used to the unseasonably warm temps we'd been having.

My best wishes are with your son. I just wish all of our service men and women were home already.

Spay your cat or shoot her! (just kidding about the shooting part) A cat in heat is just about the worst sound I can think of.

My house is still in disarray. At least you have until the end of Dec to prepare. Hanukkah is somewhere around 12/12 this year. I hate when it's so early. I did do some shopping yesterday..... for myself. lol A Kate Spade trunk sale!!! My two favorite things, a handbag and shoes. At least I enclosed a gift card to myself from the kids. lol

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Good morning all. Neat pix Lucy. Hope you, and your DD, are all better today. Please know that our prayers and thanks go to every service man and woman who so bravely protect us all.

I got a Christmas card on 11/30 and was totally floored! I usually don't send out many now, but when I do, they go out the end of the 1st or 2nd week in Dec.

Karyn, that's funny about enclosing a gift card from the kids, LOL!

• tommysmommy
    14 years ago

I love the sky when it looks like that Lucy. It looks the the beach with waves rolling in except the color is so divine. Sort of like our brugmansias?
    Sorry to hear you're sick, gargle with salt water, take vitamin D. Our community chorus is performing this weekend and I'm singing "Sending you a little Christmas" which we're dedicating to the servicemen and women - I'll be thinking of your son.
    So what are you gonna do with your poor kitty? If she's not being purposefully bred, get the girl spayed. You'll have every Tom around looking for her and kittens to find homes for otherwise. Kittens are fun tho!
    Happy Day!

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Lucy are you sick or was it your GD? I thought you stayed in bed just to have a lazy day. God knows we all need one once in a while. If you are feeling bad I hope you are feeling better soon.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karyn no I was sicker then a dog yesterday, but feel 100% better today.
    Thanks. And your first posting made me laugh a lot lol and laughter has a healing effect lol. Hubby learned his lesson and he buys my gifts these days...ha ha ha

About Precious and her misery ....I was going to call and make a appointment yesterday...I think she can not be in heat when they spay her. If I remember correctly and from what I remember my vets always said they should have their 1st time before spaying them. Been a while since a had a baby kitten :-) But I do not breed and there are to many unwanted animals out there already.

Karyn I know you were just kidding about the shooting ha ha ha had to read it again and it is just so funny lol

Well got to get the garage empty for the guy who installs the openers today. Got the Ping Pong table still up. Man that was a lot of fun playing with the grandkids. Have not played since our kids were little. I do not know who played worse...the GK or I roflmao

Eloise I have had so many years were I wrote x mas cards...but never got around to mail them out. My organizing skills just went away lol

Thanks everyone for keeping our soldiers in your thoughts and prayers.

I am so glad I am feeling better, that means I can go and take pictures of Caren's son coming home tomorrow :-)

Hugs
    Lucy

• haase
    14 years ago

Lucy I'm glad you are feeling better.
    Take a German white beer radish, hollow it out so that top and bottom have a hole, and pack it with brown sugar. Then set it on a plate or bowl and wait till the juices come out. Scoop up the juices with a tablespoon and swallow them. Works wonders on a sore throat. But tastes weird.

Ingrid.

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Ingrid that just sounds nasty! lol

Lucy I'm not sure if they can be spayed during a heat cycle or not but things have changed over the years. I remember they used to wait to spay until after the first heat. Now they do it when they are very young, sometimes too young IMO. When you adopt from the ASPCA sometimes the kittens are spayed/neutered before being adopted out but I think that's to make sure the adoptive families comply with sterilization. We got our last cat from a rescue group 4 years ago and you had to agree to spay/neuter before they reached 6 months of age.

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Lucy, glad you are feeling better. Thank your son for us, too.

The sky picture is pretty. It is looking like December here; December somewhere else that is. Temps are 25 degrees below normal today and cold, cold rain. No lights or decorations going outside today. We are looking at a freeze here soon.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ingrid, just reading this, I feel no more pain in my throat. rofl. Actually I will write this down for the future and try it. Never heard of that one. Thanks Ingrid.

Karyn I agree. All I know is that now Precious is not attacking Aisha as much anymore. So one good thing already came out of it. I totally believe in spaying and neutering pets. Always done it. Besides....YES the noise is just heartbreaking.

Shirley the weatherman predicts 29 Degrees for I think, Thursday night. Did not pay attention when I saw that it does not even heat up much during the day.

Will pass all the thank yous on to son right now.

Hugs
    Lucy

• chena
    14 years ago

I just LOVE a Texas Sunrise!! Beautiful pic!!!!
    I am so very glad to hear you are feeling better...I spent all day Sat. on the couch with sweats and 2 blankets and was still cold...I think my taste buds are sick..LOL Everything tastes Gross!

My Thoughts and Prayers are with your Son and all of our Men and Women who serve and protect!!

Kylie

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

They CAN be spayed in heat but it's best to wait because of more bleeding & everything being engorged & all. You can also knock your female out of heat with a Q tip. Email me for directions if you are interested. They don't come back in season for a few months. No, I'm not a pervert. LOL

Linda

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

roflmao I do not even want my imagination to go there ha ha ha ha

Precious is pretty ok. Sleeping a lot. I will e mail you just in case it gets worse

Thanks Linda

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County