Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gottahosta

OT- Prayers, please

gottahosta
14 years ago

HI, everyone. Please continue to pray for me.

My injured bitten finger has become infected. First antibiotics did not prevent infection- now I'm on another course of antibiotics. Dr. visit today, for further prognosis. I'm frightened. That finger is looking bad!

Thanks to all.

Hugs and love, Brenda

Comments (41)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Oh Brenda that is horrible :-( I will pray REAL HARD and continue until your finger is healed all the way!!!

So sorry your health is giving you this scary worry moment

Hugs
    Lucy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that. It must hurt like a $#%@! Hopefully the new meds will clear it up.

• kasha77
    14 years ago

Oh Brenda-
    I'm hoping & praying that things turn around for you this season- and that God completely heals your finger, no more infection or pain! And for you little dog too! thanks for keeping us updated!
    hugs~
    kasha

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Brenda,
    Yes, your in my prayers.
    Let us know what the doctors say.
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• chena
    14 years ago

Girl you just can't get a break!!! Hopefully the Dr will have some positive news for you!!! Get Better!! Prayers and Healing Vibes are headed your way!!âºâº

Kylie

• haase
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear that. I will continue to pray for you.
    Ingrid

• jillybean1977
    14 years ago

Oh no, Brenda. I'm adding my prayers to everyone elses. I'm sure the new antibiotic will do the trick. Please keep us posted. Hope you feel better fast.

Jill

• knotz
    14 years ago

Prayers are with ya girl!!!

• oxmix
    14 years ago

Brenda, I will pray for you. we need you to have your green finger/ hand.

Barry

• figara
    14 years ago

Oh, Brenda that's terrible. I am praying that the new antibiotic will clear the infection. Please, let us know how things progress. I'll continue to pray for you.
    Hugs
    Pat

• pagrdnr
    14 years ago

I hope it get better soon Brenda, you are in my prayers.

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

You're in my prayers Brenda.

What did your Dr. say today? If they recommend hospital for a course of IV antibiotics, DO IT!

I had a nasty infection this summer. A week on IV antibiotics and 2 weeks on some VERY expensive oral antibiotics did the trick.

• pearlgirl
    14 years ago

I'm including you in my prayers, Brenda. That is really
    too bad about your finger...I'm sorry.
    Margaret

• taz56
    14 years ago

Hi! Brenda so sorry about your finger,I must have
    missed a post, what bit you? Any way bless your
    heart, you are in my prayers!
    Susan

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Brenda, Im so sorry to hear your finger is infected, I hope
    the new antibiotics will heal it right up.
    Your in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

karen

• lon2250
    14 years ago

Sorry to hear about your infection. You are in my prayers hun, and will be till you get better. Don't want you to loose your finger. Rest, take what new meds dr. gives and get well soon.

Hugs
    Kim

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

Prayers for your healing Brenda. I've always been told that dog bites are really prone to bacteria.

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Brenda, I've already sent you my prayers, but doing it here publicly as well. Praying for quick healing and that no permanent damage results from the hospital's negligence.

• tommysmommy
    14 years ago

Brenda, I've been bitten a few times by cats (mostly mine) and have had to have intravenous antibiotics a few days in a row to get it under control. Even then it took a month for one bite to stop swelling and heal (that one was in the wrist). I'm diabetic and maybe that's why, although that first bite was a few years before I was diagnosed. The orals just couldn't get at it, so I would suggest you check with your doc about intravenous antibiotics to kickstart the healing.
    Diane

• gottahosta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

First, thanks for all the prayers and the support. I couldn't have done this without you!

Secondly, the doctor said the finger is improving! So much so that he thinks the antibiotics over the weekend will do the job- he plans on operating on the finger on Monday. I hope they put me good and under but it will probably be a local. Just as long as I don't have to watch.

I was so relieved yesterday after Dr. visit, I slept for the rest of the day- the strain took it's toll on my sleep up to now.

I was faced with the prospect of IV antibiotics in the hospital if it did not show any progress with new antibiotics. Yes, diabetics can't mess around with infections!

Hugs, Brenda

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I didn't know that you were diabetic. That certainly complicates things. I'm glad to hear that it's responding to the meds. Even if they only give you a local you can ask for IV sedation. They'll give you something like Versed and you won't remember a thing. Good luck I hope all goes well on Monday.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Brenda that is such great news!!! You were on my mind daily and all the time! I am so glad that you can have the operation on Monday. You just wait and see....soon this will be just a bad memory!!

Lucy

• jillybean1977
    14 years ago

Brenda, I'm so glad your wound is responding to the new antibiotic. Good luck on the surgery on Monday. Now you will really be able to have a merry Christmas.

Jill

• kasha77
    14 years ago

Brenda- Praise God! I am so happy for you & will continue to keep you in my prayers for a total recovery! How's the little puppy doing with his recovery? Hope he's getting better too! I wish I were there to cook & take care of you! (Polish & Italian momma, I can really cook up a storm!)
    Have a restful weekend!
    Hugs~
    kasha77

• figara
    14 years ago

Brenda, I am very happy to hear that the infection is responding to the new antibiotics. Good luck on your surgery on Monday.I'll continue to pray for your recovery.
    Hugs,
    Pat

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

Great news Brenda! My ex-nurse wife 'raises her eyebrow' at me when I put a bandaide on and continue with playing in the dirt after slicing/dicing myself (never claimed to be coordinated LOL)...but she knows my gardening is what saves my sanity sometimes. Still, you want to let the healing get well underway before you 'dig in'....Yep, do as I say, not.....
    Hope your recovery continues to 'accelerate'
    Will

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Brenda, I am sooo happy to hear you are doing better!
    PTL!!!
    Continued prayers for your surgery tomorrow!

Karen

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Brenda, good news about your finger improving and the antibiotic working on the infection. Tomorrow will be a very good day for you with the surgery!

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Brenda, I will pray that all goes well today for you!!!

Hugs
    Lucy

• chena
    14 years ago

Thinking about ya Girl!! Hope all is well!!

Kylie

• haase
    14 years ago

Good thoughts and prayers are with you today.
    Ingrid

• gottahosta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okey, I hope this is the last update!

First---- once again, thanks for the prayers and support.

The pin is in the finger. Took very little time- the shots to numb the hand were another matter- I would have willingly hit the nurse while she was injecting me but my husband had ahold of me. I did do lots of involuntary foot drumming! Ouch, hurt like nothing else so far!! But, it is done, and that is a blessing! Pin comes out in 6 weeks. Little or no tendon damage!

Your prayers, and mine, were heard!

Hugs for all my forum friends!
    ~Brenda

• jillybean1977
    14 years ago

Brenda I'm so relieved for you that it is over. Now you can relax and recuperate and just enjoy the holidays. Prayers do work.

Jill

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

AMEN!!!

nice wording you used to describe the pain lol

Hugs
    Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

I second that AMEN!!! Brenda, what wonderful news, and well, good thing your hubby was there to keep you from punching the RN out, LOL!

• haase
    14 years ago

I'm glad it's over! Prayers DO work!
    Ingrid

• figara
    14 years ago

Brenda, I am sooo happy your finger was fixed. I was thinking of you all day long .I came here earlier but the site was not working. I'll continue to pray for a speedy recovery.

Pat

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I'm glad to hear that it went well. I can just imagine how painful the injections must have been. At least it's not bad when they pull it out. It's more of a weird uncomfortable sensation, but not painful. I hope the next 6 weeks goes by fast.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I'm so happy it's repaired and that there was no tendon damage. You didn't watch did you? Prayers for no more infection and speedy healing.

Pam

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Glad the surgery is over with and you are getting better. I cringed thinking about the numbly shots. I'm a woose when it comes to pain, lol. Hope you have a great Christmas and are fully recovered fast. Hugs
    Kristy

• kasha77
    14 years ago

Oh Brenda-
    I am so relieved for you that all went well in surgery & that you're on your way to recovery! I have been thinking of you & praying for you every day. Now just take it easy & let others help out around the house- give it a chance to heal- (I know it's hard to sit still- especially during the holidays!)Can you give us an update on you little dog? How's his wound doing? Prayers will continue to go up for both of you, until I hear of your total recovery, and his too!
    love & hugs~
    Kasha77

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio