Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT: POTD: I could use a different heat flash these days

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

A wonderful good morning my friends.

I left a good hint at the guessing game lol

good luck.

It is COLD out there. Later I will check out on the way to school what all the lights were about in front of my house.

Firetruck...Police...Ambulance. From the looks of it, someone missed the curb again and might have driving right into my neighbors house :-( they did that to us one day long ago. But fortunately drove into the wall of the garage.

Here is the other heat flash

{{gwi:585343}}From POTD for December 09

That is just one gorgeous Hibiscus !!!!

Have a wonderful day and how are we on being ready for the Holidays?

Lucy

Comments (16)

• karyn1
    14 years ago

That is a beauty! I hope your neighbors house is intact. Maybe the county could install some sort of barrier?

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    14 years ago

That is just an amazing hibiscus! You have to keep that one growing.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

That is a beautiful hibiscus!

I hope that your neighbors are ok.

Pam

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this beauty. Well just came back to do a few more things before working at the holiday store.
    House is ok. But I believe ONLY because were the car went in and got stopped...BY THE OLD OLD OAK tree!!! I could see the damage on the tree so probable the driver was not quit ok.

Karyn will you belief it or not...but the city does not even let him put his mailbox into a concrete block...it is to dangerous...for the DRIVERS and all the kids knocking and breaking our mailboxes all the time ........grrrrrrrrrrrrr

He WAS however allowed to pile up some bigger rocks...but that is about it....Unfortunately they somehow drove in a place that is NOT a curve jumping target.

I hate the cities ordinance rules grrrrrrrrrrr again.

Ok time to read a few more posts.

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Good morning all. Lucy, that is a spectacular hibiscus! Reminds me of an orange sorbet, yummy!

What is it with kids knocking down the mailboxes. That happened to me the day before my home flooded. Recently, my next door neighbor had his stolen (a very nice one), and up the street, their mailbox was knocked down. Wish there were cameras to catch them.

• karyn1
    14 years ago

We're on our 3rd mailbox and I refuse to replace it again. As long as the mailman can still get my mail in there it's staying. The kids drive by and hit them with baseball bats, I think.

Lucy I'm surprised that the county doesn't erect some type of barrier. When I was growing up I had a friend whose house sat at the apex of a sharp curve. They had cars drive thru their living room on more then one occasion so the county put up a barrier. It wasn't the most attractive thing I'd seen but it served it's purpose.

• jillybean1977
    14 years ago

That is a very pretty hibiscus Lucy. Is is one of the Cajun series?

Jill

• haase
    14 years ago

Somebody had to die first, before they installed a traffic light here at a certain intersection.

I love the color of this hibiscus. Gorgeous.

Ingrid

• figara
    14 years ago

Very nice color Lucy. Love it.

Pat

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jill I do not remember if it falls under the Cajun hibiscus' ....sorry. I bought so many starters this year.

Ingrid I think that will have to happen here also.
    Karyn I wish they would do more and allow more to protect ourselves...but well....I think only in my dreams.

Oh and I believe that is exactly who breaks the mailboxes....the kids and their practical jokes.

Lucy

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    14 years ago

OK, here is the 'Cajun Series' of hibiscus. Lucy's is called "Heat Flash". More plants to drool over. Thanks a whole lot to Lucy. Just amazing varieties of flower form and color.

Cajun Series

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lol Dave. Now really. What are we to do when they even bloom in the house? Withhold the beauty from my friends?

NEVER lol

I mean...yeah at least I do not post links to BUY stuff like Shawn etc etc

Lucy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Here's a place to buy the hibiscus (see link). Dave I take it that grower supplies plug trays only? I've never heard of them but sent the link to DH.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hidden Valley

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Yesterday, I noticed my mailbox was loose, and wondered if overnight they tried knocking the box again! My neighbor hasn't replaced his mailbox, and the people down the street, encased theirs in brick. Think I will add electricity to mine, LOL! Just kidding!

I found myself looking at all those hibiscus. You all need to stop posting websites, LOL!

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Eloise roflmao now THAT would be something else besides Concrete ha ha ha ha

Lucy

• tommysmommy
    14 years ago

Wow Lucy, that color's like a solar flare! Gorgeous!

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington