Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

Finally warmer temps

karyn1
13 years ago

You would have thought it was 75, not 45 looking at everyone yesterday. People were finally outside, some in shorts! I was out w/o a coat for the first time in weeks. Funny how average temps can feel so warm when you've gotten used to temps 10-20 below average. It's supposed to be around 60 over the weekend. Too bad it's going to rain but it still beats what we've been dealing with.

Comments (8)

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That's great Karyn. I remember that same feeling about 45o when we lived "up north." The 60's are even better.

We've had a few cold spells down here, but not too many. The big news is the three days of rain that was really needed here.

• pearlgirl
    13 years ago

Most of our ice has gone bye, bye and it's a good thing! I
    feel like going out to scatter a few more poppies..perhaps,
    tomorrow. Temps are good for the next couple of days. I'm
    ready to get started with my winter sowing...YEAH!! Seeds
    have to be sorted for the ??? time :):) I enjoy it though.
    Anyone need/want some nice, tall dbl, coral poppies....
    email me.
    Happy new Year!
    Margaret

• maile_2010
    13 years ago

Was ice fishing today about 2 hours northwest of where I live in central Minnesota up I-94. Was 38 degrees when we left at 6:30 this am. Got to the lake and caught lot of sunfish and crappies. Left the lake at 2:00pm in blizzard conditions,1/4 mile visibility, 17 degrees. Took us 2 hrs from the lake, down I-94, till we got to rain, 34 degrees. Another 1 hr. to get home. Normal 2 hr. trip. Many semis in the ditch and cars. I-94 from Fargo to Jamestown,N.D. closed. 100 car pile-up. Arrived safetly at home At 5:00, 35 degrees. What a day!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry this doesn't have anything to do with brugs, but this is what I do in my spare time while the brugs are in dormancy. Got 3 months of dormancy yet. BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOO.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Karyn, hope your warmer weather is continuing. Our rain stopped for now, but boy, it's been cold for the past two days! I won't say how cold because I know those of you that get super low temps will think we are wimps (we are, LOL!). Happy New Year!

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Opposite situation here, we have our first real winter conditions for the year. It snowed yesterday, today it's around 10 degrees. I don't mind, it has been sweater weather until now.

• marquest
    13 years ago

Thanks for sharing some of that sweater weather. It is about time you stopped keeping it to yourself. LOL

We hit 60 today. It got so cold and snowy so early I did not get a chance to cover the 7 rose bushes I have been trying to keep alive. So today was a good day to get out and do some yard work that I did not get a chance to do before the severe winter hit us.

• kasha77
    13 years ago

We hit 60 too! Nice to walk around in a flannel shirt and sit out a bit!
    kasha77

• chena
    13 years ago

Welp it was 66* yesterday and they are calling for sleet and snow tonight!! WHAT???

Kylie