Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cygnwulf

Dr Seuss, not doing so well...

cygnwulf
10 years ago

It's been a bit cold lately, hasn't it? I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with my Brug.

I have a Dr Seuss Brugmansia that's in a pot right now that I just got late this summer. It's about 3 feet tall and in a 12" pot, I planned on potting it up or putting it in the ground in the spring. Since it's been so cold lately, it's been spending almost as much time indoors as out, but when it's inside, it's sharing a sunny window with my Lisbon lemon tree (which is blooming like mad right now, making my house smell nice.)

The poor sad brug baby, though, has gotten kind of pale yellow, and has dropped most of it's lower leaves, (It kinda looks almost like a palm tree right now), though it has some tiny little leaves at the scars where the big ones dropped, and some more at the bases of the remaining leaves. It hasn't forked yet. I have been giving it occasional drinks of half strength miracle grow (about every three weeks), and substituting fish emulsion sometimes when it's outside (that smelly stuff is hard to use indoors) and it's soil moisture has been pretty average, I'm not letting water stand in the saucer and I'm letting the pot get lighter before re-watering.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years