Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT: POTD: Maddy and I drinving around to look at lights

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

Good morning everyone.

After writing 100 plus Christmas cards...I have to keep this short. Otherwise the NEW YEARS Wishes will come to late too.

Maddy and I will take them to the post office in a bit.

Last night I took her around town and I had discovered that the prettiest house decorated is across on the corner from Kristy.

{{gwi:586190}}From POTD for December 09

But this is the immediate neighbor.

Kristy we pulled away...as I saw you guys pull into your driveway :-)

Around here the decorated decreased SO MUCH compared when I used to take my kids around to look at awe at all the lights.

Hope your day is BRIGHT!!!

Lucy

Comments (11)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

Those are pretty lights! We plan to do some of that maybe tonight.

Pam

• figara
    14 years ago

Lucy you are having a lot of fun with Mindy. Glad you guys are together.

I have not seen Kristy post for about a week and I was wandering how is she. Hope she is OK and improving.

Pat

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Lucy funny you mentioned that. We drive around looking at the lights every year. This year we noticed way fewer decorated homes. The economy I guess?

• jillybean1977
    14 years ago

Lucy the lights are gorgeous. We noticed a lot more lights in the neighborhood this year. Don't know the reasoning behind that. Maybe more people staying home.

Jill

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karyn I am not sure if I like it more then the kids lol. Maddy and I did *drive by shooting* photos lol
    I think that it is that everything just cost to much....electricity being one of em too.

Pat I have just briefly talked with Kristy. She is not worse last time we talked.

THANKS everyone. Maddy and I do try to have as much fun as we can :-)

Lucy

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Haha, I looked at the pic before I read it and said hey thats my next door neighbors yard, lol. Once again I have so many plants in the garage I couldn't get my decorations out of the attic. Gonna start decorating for Christmas right after halloween next year, lol then leave them up til spring roflmao. The one on the corner across from us is awesome. He has his work crew decorate for all the holidays. I don't have a whole lot of decorations but plan to pick up some on sale right after Christmas hopefully.

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Thanks for the pics. We were just talking about driving around looking at lights last night, trying to figure out where to go. Not many people have decorated here but it's because they aren't home, the houses are gone, the decorations flooded. I think as more people get back home more will be decorated next year.
    Tally HO!

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kristy lol. Maddy and I were just at Lowes. Let me tell you...they have next to NOTHING left on decorations. Hobby Lobby almost the same. WHAT HAPPENED? lol They tricked me and sold stuff on sale earlier ha ha ha

But Kristy I am with you on decoration at the same time frame. I have the same dilemma. Except my stuff is in the shed and I can't get to it anymore ha ha ha

You know I love posting pictures :-)

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Good evening all. Bet Maddy was super happy with grandma! I love seeing Christmas lights and decorations. Our Dept. of Water and Power has a wonderful display each year, and I hope to go soon. We drive it because we are usually too cold to do the walk tour. Lines of cars drive slowly and you get to see all the different, large Christmas scenes they do on both side of the road.

• taz56
    14 years ago

Awe Lucy, you are such a wonderful Grandma,surely blessed!
    Maddy is so cute, I'nd give my right arm just to hug mine,
    I miss them so much! Our babies make things so much happier
    don't they. God bless the children. Love the picture :)
    Hugs
    Susan

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Susan you are right on target. I was thinking the same thing a few minutes ago when I posted today's POTD.

When you have small children....you see Christmas through their eyes...MAGICAL...see their JOY....with spreads LOVE.

All the reason for the Season!!!

Then when they are older and gone...you have those wonderful memories.

If you are lucky you have precious moments you get to share with them. But if you do not get to see your GG...then I hope that all GC know that they are loved by their Grandparents!

I love Maddy for many many reason besides that she is my Granddaughter. She shows you how happy and thrilled you can be with the simplest things in life!

Not that she WANTS everything she sees roflmao

Now in Belton they have like a 5 mile long christmas display going on...we went last year. This year Christmas is coming and I was just totally not ready for it :-(

It will be over soon and then what is left?

The love to Jesus!!!

All I need to make it through the coming year. Knowing he is by my side.

Lucy