Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

Progression of last week's storm

karyn1
14 years ago

Here's 3 pics taken of the same view at different times of the day. These were taken from one of the windows facing the front yard. You didn't think I was actually going to go out in that mess? LOL

The first is when I got up.

{{gwi:586579}}

This was midday

{{gwi:586580}}

This was in the evening

{{gwi:586581}}

Comments (18)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

It looks frigid! Is it melting yet?

We are getting snow flurries today after 73 degrees yesterday.

• haase
    14 years ago

I guess you really ARE snowed in?
    Keep the front door snow-free. I'm thinking of snow-babies.

Ingrid.

• chena
    14 years ago

Yep!! Woke up to snow and 60mph wind gusts.. after shorts weather yesterday.. 73*... Karyn Honey that is soooo Pretty you just keep it!! ;O)
    I am already over it! BUUURRRR!!! Put another log on the fire!!!

Kylie

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We still have a lot of snow but it's been compressed to about a foot and much easier to walk on.

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

It's nice to look at from inside a warm house. Are you supposed to get freezing rain tonight & tomorrow?

Nothing has melted here yet, we still have it all & it's icy & slippery where it wasn't cleared. DH is supposed to leave at 6 am for a 75 minute drive to work. I worry because he will not let a little snow or ice stop him. Honestly, the man has only taken one sick day in over 12 years & that was because I was sick.

Linda

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

They are calling for ice/sleet tonight and rain tomorrow. Rain or ice will cause problems. Ice because of the obvious, rain will cause flooding : (

Tell your DH to be careful. At least there shouldn't be too many cars on the road.

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Yikes Karyn, that is a lot of snow, and now you are expecting ice/sleet/rain! Makes me super cold just writing this. Definitely, everyone under these conditions, if possible, stay home where it's warm and safe.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Now Karyn you know that if I would wake up to THAT...I would have gone right back to bed lol

Great progression pictures

Lucy

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    14 years ago

OK, pet peeve, when they plow the roads WHY OH WHY don't they plow open the TURN LANES!?? Do they have a time restriction on this? It can't take all that much more time to open them up.

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

There is 1/4" of ice over everything. It is very slippery. At least there are hardly any cars on the road. We live on a Snow Emergency Route & the road is still covered in spite of them going at it all night with the salt trucks & plows.

Linda

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We haven't gotten any precipitation that I can see and temps are fairly warm, above freezing anyway. Stay inside Linda!

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Wow, I can't imagine snow that deep. Brrrrr. I was excited to see it snowing all day yesterday but only a little bit stuck since the ground was so warm.

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

It rained last night & this am. It's melted off the roads & parking lots but will all freeze again tonight when it cools off. My friend's driveway is a sheet of ice. Nice & cold when you land on it on your butt. LOL

Linda

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Linda I hope you DON"T do that!I hate Ice and fear it a lot more then snow.

So glad I do not have to drive a bike during those time for work anymore

Lucy

• figara
    14 years ago

Karyn and Linda be safe.

Pat

• karyn1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We had a light rain all day and night on Sat plus warm temps. All that snow is pretty much gone!!!!!!!! There's some places, especially where the plows piled it up that are still snow covered but it's gone!!! Yippee!!!!!!! Temps were in the upper 40's yesterday and today also I believe. I was afraid that snow would be here until Feb!

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Wow that is amazing that it is gone already. Must have been that it was soft fluffy snow!! That is great news though!

Lucy

• chena
    14 years ago

Still to dang cold for me to go outside unless it was an emergency!!! LOL

Sponsored
Construction Marketing, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars116 Reviews
Bedford County's Interior & Exterior Remodeling Experts