Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sibhskylvr

I'm back! :))

sibhskylvr
14 years ago

A new hard drive has been installed & a writer to help me NOT to lose any future pics! :) I can now put everything on CD's! I didn't lose any pics this time around - managed to have the old hard drive 'patched' (not sure what the correct word/words are, sorry) to the new hard drive & all pics were SAVED! Lost ALOT of links, my entire favorites list, etc, etc, etc....

If you've ever gone through something like this - you know what I'm talking about! It STINKS!!

What a nightmare!! I wouldn't wish what I went through on ANYONE!

I'm just GLAD to be back!! :) Missed you all! Still have a few things to work on - but I think I'm in the home stretch!

Mike

{{gwi:547325}}

Comments (17)

• haase
    14 years ago

Glad you're back and all problems behind you.
    Your bloom is fabulous! Thank you.
    Ingrid

• chena
    14 years ago

So wonderful to have you back.. I have lost everything from a computer crash and what I wouldn't give to have those pic's back.. Now go update your list...;O)

Kylie

• figara
    14 years ago

Welcome back Mike. Like Kylie, I recently lost a lot of pics and memories I could not get back but I am trying to get over it.

Pat

• gottahosta
    14 years ago

Hey, buddy, good to see ya back and that is great news that you were able to save your photos. Phew, what a relief!

I have a 1T external hard drive for my office, where most of my photos are also! LOL, I remember when I thought a gig was alot!!!Gives me a feeling of security. I used to burn CD's and still do, to share with friends!

So, ya got alot of catching up to do!! Have fun!

~Brenda

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago
  • dimples31312
    14 years ago

Welcome back Mike!
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Glad to see you back Mike!
    What you went through is no fun, it`s happened here a time
    or two.
    You have alot of catching up to do! :)

Karen

• tommysmommy
    14 years ago

Ya know, if your car breaks down, you get a ride and possibly rent a car. If your computer breaks down, yer stuck! We're being held hostage by our computers!! Now can anyone tell me why my Firefox won't open? Mozilla's site isn't much help but I think it happened when a Microsoft update downloaded. Anyway, welcome back, lovely photo, look forward to more.

• taz56
    14 years ago

Welcome back Mike,missed ya!
    Susan

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Hey Mike, it's great to see you back online! Well, of course you know we all missed you around here, and so happy your computer is on the mend.

Diane, good luck figuring out why Firefox won't open. I assume it is no longer your default, but that shouldn't be why you can't open it. Have your tried downloading Firefox again?

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Welcome back! I'd suffer serious withdrawl if I was w/o a computer. I freak out when I leave the house and forget my phone. lol How did we survive not that many years ago when none of this technology was available?

• chena
    14 years ago

Diane do a system restore to an earlier date.. More than likely it was the update that caused the Prob..I run Firefox.. My computer was stupid yesterday!!! It finally quit acting up by afternoon..

Kylie

• knotz
    14 years ago

YAY...Welcome back Mike!!

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Welcome back to civilization! I have lost all my pics & info more times than I care to think about. I don't have as many problems since my DD moved out & quit downloading music & hard to tell what else along with viruses. All my pics are on CDs to keep from losing them again.

Linda

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

Been there, done that...and escaped with not too much lost thank goodness!
    My IE has been doing crazy things...slow loading, slow opening links, restarting when closed. Now today it's working zipppedy doo. Don't know why and honestly don't care...just hoping it's 'over' whatever was the problem for good.
    I'd like to upgrade to windows 7 but I link in to my workplace from home and IT says to stay with Vista for the time being (big organization and they don't ever switch til everyone of a myriad of applications has been vetted for compatability...and since its in healthcare that's probably safer for everyone.
    Welcome back Mike,
    Will

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Welcome back Mike. We all missed you. Its terrible to have computer issues. I need to get more ram in mine. Too slow with not enough memory. I keep most of my pics on an external hard drive as well but Lucy Lou chewed up my cord to it so need to get a new one.

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

O.k., seems like Mike is back, but not really, LOL! I know you are busy Mike and still have some fine tuning to do on your computer.