Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ot Merry Christmas!! & my charlie brown brug

Posted by thahalibut 9 CA (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 24, 09 at 11:30

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays everyone!
I hope you all have a happy & healthy new year filled with lots of blooms.

Here is my charles girmaldy yesterday after 3 days of 23 degrees & 7 or 8 under 30. My BEST flush of the year, reminds me of a charlie brown Christmas tree :-).

Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ot Merry Christmas!! & my charlie brown brug

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 24, 09 at 12:22

HAHAHA!!! I love it!! I want to see it at night!! Beautiful!!!

Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!!!

Kylie

o

I put my 5 inches tall Charles G. in front of the computer screen to look at the picture of your beauty. I told him that this is what he is supposed to look like, when he grows up. Hope it works.
Merry Christmas.

Ingrid

o

Good old CB/CG still looks pretty good. Why are your lights around the base?

o

That's great, mine quit blooming even though they are outside most of the time.

I think the lights are around the base to keep the plants warm. We do that in zones that are supposed to be warm but may have a freeze. I keep my lights handy and even put rolled up balls of them under the sheets I use to cover plants when a freeze is expected.

o

Looks like a ghost at night since its covered in sheets. I tried a few pics at night but my cheapo camera cant capture much without a flash.

rock_oak_deer is right, more lights are around the base to keep the roots from freezing. They are there to keep him warm & alive.

o

I've heard of wrapping the lights around a container or the plant itself but had never seen them on the ground.

o

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Charles G is hanging on for as long as he can. Here I thought the lights on the ground were because CG couldn't hold on to them anymore, lol!

o

Tim your Charles looks actually like an angel spreading it's wings

Merry Christmas to you too Tim

Lucy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here