Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

I'm afraid to look - 28° last night.

caflowerluver
14 years ago

I haven't been out to look because I am afraid at what I will find and it is too icy for me to walk. I couldn't cover them because still recovering from a broken hip. And DH has been so overloaded with doing everythig lately, I didn't want to bug him. I just looked out the window and saw a robin ice skating on the birdbath. Not a good sign. Keep your fingers crossed they will recover.

Clare

Comments (10)

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I hope everything is OK. I spoke with someone in Sunnyvale yesterday and they said they were expecting lows in the mid 20's as well. Brrrrrr!

• Central_Cali369
    14 years ago

Hoping the best for you! We got 30F last night, and are expecting 26F tonight!

• chena
    14 years ago

Hopefully everything is alright.. Just superficial damage..I got my fingers for ya!

Kylie

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Clare and Josh how was this past night for you both?

AND the rest that is in this weather mess.

Man the weatherman is NOT showing to many happy news about it.

PLEASE stay safe everyone.
    Especially you Clare with your hip issue.

Hugs
    Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Clare, best to stay indoors safe and warm. As much as we all love our brugs/plants, we can always replace them.

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Yes, stay in and safe. We'll all mail you boxes in the spring. Take care of that hip.

What happened to global warming? North Houston supposed to freeze tonight and upper 30's on coast. There was ICE on the back deck last Saturday! HORRORS! Way too early in the season.
    The brugs did fine, didn't even affect the blooms. Thank goodness as with all the rain they are all in full bloom.
    Tally HO!

• Central_Cali369
    14 years ago

Lucy, I didn't get too cold, but the cold temperatures lasted for a long while. Also, it really didn't help my succulents that it rained just before the freeze (they can tolerate cold temperatures better when the soil is dry). Some of the hardiest aloes (a. Maculata) have mushy leaves. The plants themselves are fine though.

• figara
    14 years ago

Clare , do not worry. I know some of the plants will come back and if not you will find people here willing to help you replace what you lost. I am almost in the same boat as you, I am recovering from a knee surgery.

Lucy the weather is starting to warm up. No more freezing for now.

Clare, just take care of yourself.

Pat

• caflowerluver
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pat - thanks for the well wishes. I wish you a speedy recovery too! And I am not too worried. They have died back before and come up from the roots in the spring.
    Clare

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

I am so glad to hear that it was not as bad as predicted. It is always horrible when it gets worse then predicted.

I gave up on trusting the weatherman. I always add a few degrees. Then I am happy when it does not happen :-)

Maybe we get an early spring? oh man wouldn't THAT be just sweet :-)

Lucy

Sponsored
Kappatal Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Hampton/Poquoson