Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT: After Christmas sales

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

I must have gone to all the wrong place. :-(

Hobby Lobby....still only giving 50 % off...yeah right! not with me.

The Children's Place....thought they can get one over on me. BEFORE Christmas I bought Maddy a knitted sweater for 5 Dollars. Same one today...EIGHT...yes your eyes are not fooling you...*8* Dollars!

Did find a few nice things at Body & Bath and more (name?)

But Old Navy got to me. All my eyes saw was everything in the store 60 %. After I paid and thought to myself...no way I came up with that much when I did the math...well on the way out I looked at the window again and it said in SMALL print...UP to 60% grrrrrrrrrrrr

So I had it and came home.

Anybody had better luck then me?

Lucy

Comments (17)

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

If it's not a plant sale, I don't go.

I seriously hate shopping. You couldn't drag me into a store today.

• chena
    14 years ago

Bath and Body Works has an online sale today and in store tomorrow!
    I am with you Amelia.. NO WAY!!!! LOL

Kylie

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

well there were not really that many folks out...parking lots not even as full as on NORMAL days.

I am with you both from now on too lol

Lucy

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

LOL I did go by the Dollar General on by way home form seeing Mom.
    Got some gift bags and Christmas cards for 50% off.
    That was the end of my shopping. LOL
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

The best deal I got was Bruce taking the kids to the mall today instead of me. I hate shopping in crowds.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    14 years ago

Lowes, and Burlington had all the Christmas decorations 75% off. There was not too much to choose from, not like previous years. My husband went to Sears, this morning at 7am, I think its the first time he came home empty handed. Barbra

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SOMEONE had lots of money to buy the stores almost empty before we made it there lol

Karyn I belief it!

Lucy

• luvbrugs
    14 years ago

i went to sears to look for a table saw, and no sales at all. the prices were the same as always in tools at least.

• figara
    14 years ago

I did not go to shopping before or after Christmas. I had an excuse, my knee :-). Even thou I was sooo busy the last 2 days
    i did not have time to come here.

Pat

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK...it's Monday...lets see if Hobby Lobby budged lol

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Keeping my fingers crossed Lucy! BTW, what is Hobby Lobby? Don't believe we have such a store.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Eloise it is like Michel's?(sp) Know that one?

ANYBODY??

Lucy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I forgot to mention that I picked up a couple HID (MH & HPS) replacement bulbs at the hydro shop yesterday. They had them on sale for $30 each, 1000 watt bulbs.

Luvbrugs it seems like a lot of the name brand tools don't go on sale or at least not much. I don't have a use for heavy duty tools but I was waiting for the Dremel to go on sale last year and it never did so I paid full price but I have found attachments on sale. I use the heck out of that little tool. It comes in handy for so many things.

We don't have Hobby Lobby either but it must be similar to a Michaels. There's a couple speciality craft stores here that carry really nice stuff. Mainly for glass and beadwork.

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Hobby Lobby, Michaels, there is another chain my sister goes to in Delaware, all about the same, craft stores. Hobby Lobby usually has a clearance aisle, I hit that first, then only buy what is on sale! They regularly put all the lamps say for 50% off.

I didn't shop before or after Christmas either. Didn't send out a single card. Got a good excuse. The house burned up and so did the address books. Not enough insurance, roofers ran off and haven't been seen since. So all our money is going into the house. Noone else in better shape as the REST of the family all flooded during Ike, ours was the only house that didn't flood and the roofers got us. The city of Galveston is making it impossible to finish construction!!

Tally HO!

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

beachplant (name block?) that sounds horrible. All I can say is that I wish you ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD for 2010!!!

AND send you a comforting HUG
    Lucy

• maemae0312
    14 years ago

Lucy, I had the same luck as you. Before Christmas I bought my daughter a really pretty glass bracelet at Macy's. On clearance for 80% off, plus I had a coupon for 20% off that. So I paid under $20 for a a $90 bracelet. Went after Christmas, she liked it so much thought I would get her a different color and they were 45% off!! Needless to say I left!!!

Mary

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mary that s#$%^^#

No luck today either. Still 50 % everywhere. NO BUYING for me at that discount.

Lucy

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County