Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Question here regarding brugmansia 'Ecuador White'

Andrew Scott
13 years ago

I was just browsing Ebay and came across an offer for a rooted 'Ecaudor White'. The description claims that it is the largest blooming brugs out of them all. The seller describes the flower as growing to 17 inches long and 9 inches wide!?!?! Is this really true? IF so, this will have to go in my front bed so I can really show it off.

I may be wrong but I thought that I had come across someone claiming that 'Xena' was also one of the larger flowers.

I also wanted to ask if anyone here has bought from this seller, Mgmg9459? I am not goibng to br buying anymore brugs. Maybe this spring or summer but I am busy enough now with my 45 or so rooted cuttings!

Hi Karen,

I also wanted to tell you that I will be sending you the heat pack sometime early next week. I have a bad tooth that is driving me crazy, and no idea when I am getting it taken care of. I have to call the dentist today.

Andrew

Comments (10)

• chena
    13 years ago

The seller is Martha.. She is a very reputable seller.. She sends great plants!! Def someone you can trust!!

Kylie

• rmbill
    13 years ago

Is Equador White larger than Kongmansia. Kongmansia is pretty large from what I have heard. No blossoms here.
    Bill

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That is what I am most curious about, the size of the flower! I really would like to know this before spring. If the flowers are really that big, they will definetly go out front!
    Andrew

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Ecuador White is a standard size single bloom and is nowhere near the size of Kongmansia. It is a good bloomer but is nothing special IMO. I have an appointment but will post pics of mine when I get back and you can judge for yourself. I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

• rudy625
    13 years ago

If you want a large white,try Super Nova. If you want a large pink,try MEM. Both have some of the largest flowers without going into the rare hybrids.
    Dan in Pa.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Sorry but I can't find my EW pics. To me it seems like a fairly average bloom. The flowers are pendulous with sort of a narrow tube and curled petals. It's a nice white single but if you are looking for a giant that's not it.

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So saying that the flower is 17 inches long was a pretty big exageration.

Hi Rudy,
    I recieved almost 45 cuttings this year and i know some of them have BIG flowers, or the descriptions said they had big flowers. I will definetly be taking pics of them this summer so I will post them then.
    Hi Dan,
    I am pretty new to brugs but I would appreciate if you could name some of the rare hybrids. This is what I love growing. The really rare plants.

I paid $129. for a very rare mango tree called 'Maha Chinook'. I actually bought the tree before trying the fruits. Same with my green caimito. I paid a small fortune for it and have never tried the fruits.
    Andrew

• rhensley130755
    13 years ago

Hello fellow brug lovers. I am a lurker here but never post. However, I felt compelled to respond to the question reguarding seller Mgmg 9459. I purchased two plants from this seller and they were the most pitiful looking plants I ever received. They were about 2 feet tall but they were the size of a pencil, with 3 different sections. Like they had been in a very small pot for 3 years or something. Very subpar IMO. She was very offended when I complained. I would never ever reccommend this seller to anyone. In addition, when the plants finally bloomed, the Daybreak was not as labeled. In all fairness, it is possible that I got the labels mixed up, but I don't think so. As far as Kongmansia, I love this one. The blooms are truly huge and there are lots of them. It does look almost exactly like Super Nova, which is its parent, but Kong seems to be a somewhat better grower. Roy

• shohag85
    10 years ago

May be this site will be helpful for you. Site address : http://www.freshlifefloral.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: flowers from ecuador

• shohag85
    10 years ago

May be this site will be helpful for you. Site address : http://www.freshlifefloral.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: flowers from ecuador