Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: I felt like a kid in a candy store

Posted by karyn1 7a (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 27, 11 at 15:44

I just got back from Gardino's Nursery (www.rareflora.com). They have some of the most amazing plants. They grow tropicals that can't be found anywhere else and their private collection is to die for. Regina's speciality is hoyas and Sid's is everything else. There's so much more growing then is listed on their site. I picked up about a dozen new plants. I'll post varieties and pics when I get home.

I've also collected cuttings and seeds from around the house and neighborhood. Kathy I have some seeds that I think you'll like. The weather's great. It's been in the low 80's with low humidity and a nice breeze. It's warmer then normal back home but not warm enough that I want to be there. We'll be back on the 2nd. At least I'll only have to deal with Washington weather for a few weeks before heading down south again. A happy healthy New Year to all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: I felt like a kid in a candy store

Karyn looking forward to seeing what all you got! I liked your subject title as that tells all, lol!

Wishing you and yours a fantastic New Year!

o

So glad you are in the sunshine and warmth Karyn! Soak it up! Sounds like so much fun- all those exotics! Thank you Karyn, I will be appreciative of anything you can send me! I'd love to take a stroll in Gardino's Nursery- but I'd want to bring everything home with me! Talk to you soon-

o

Sounds nice. We haven't even had a freeze yet in NE FL. We were supposed to get one tonight, finally, but now they are saying 40 instead. I'm not complaining lol. I haven't even got everything cut back and into the gh yet.

o

Wonderful Karyn. After Christmas my sister from NY headed to Boca Raton and I headed home. I wish I could have gone with her.
Happy New Year !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here