that it came from working with her brugs. She's seen the

Doc and it's still quite persistent. Has anyone had a

rash from these beauties? If so....what works???? I'LL

appreciate your help.

Margaret

Comments (10)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Margaret never had one. Only thing I could say is to make sure not to get in touch with it in the future and just ride it out. Hopefully it will go away just like the eye thing when we get it into the eyes!?

Lucy

• haase
    14 years ago

Cazn 't imagine it is from the Brugs. There is something else going on.
    How long has your friend been working with brugs?
    Ingrid

• figara
    14 years ago

If it were from brugs I assume she would have a rush on her hands too not only on her face.

Pat

• knotz
    14 years ago

Never heard of a rash from brugs only the eye dilation...Hmm...Interesting.

Hope she gets better soon!!!

• pearlgirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, all. That's what I was thinking...she got it from
    something else. She's only had them since Spring.
    Margaret

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

It could be from the brugs. I think we have all heard and read the warnings about it being poisonous and an irritant. Not everyone will be affected by it. Tell her to put calamine lotion on the rash and see if that helps. As for rash on her face and not her hands, the face is more delicate. From experience, if I try on a new face cream, I can break out in a rash on my face, but not my hands that I used to apply the cream.

• karyn1
    14 years ago

If it was a contact dermatitis from the brugs she'd have it on her hands. I agree with the others that it's from something else. I'd go to a dermatologist if she's only been to her GP. You don't want to risk something scarring your face.

• ruth_ann
    14 years ago

Facial skin is more sensitive than hand skin so I suppose she 'could' have a rash there and not on her hands from her Brugs but it would have to be a contact reaction, not a systemic one.It is the alkaloids in the Brugs that cause the rash for some people.

• wickedwickedwitch
    14 years ago

I caught a really funky fungal thing several years ago from being outdoors. Sometimes a biopsy is needed to figure out the culprit.

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

I have really sensitive skin and have had the eyes dilated and contact dermatitis briefly on my hands after cutting all the leaves of every brug I had all in one day but not anywhere else. It was from snapping of leaves with my hands and doing so many at once. I am not bothered by messing with a few. It has to be a lot. I think unless she rubbed juice all over her face it is something else. Perhaps a shampoo or soap or face product. Maybe even a new medication?