Welcome Carol!
    Dorothy

• haase
    14 years ago

Welcome, Carol.
    Ingrid

• carol57078
    14 years ago

I've been on this forum for about 2 years, but I'm a lurker. I really enjoy all the pictures. I got brugs from Mike last fall and they really did quite well here.I spend alot of time on the WS forum, a lurker there to. I also have plumeria but they are a real challenge. Right now we are under a winter storm watch, 10 inches of snow and 40 miles an hour winds. Probably no work tomorrow(work at a school) Thanks, Carol

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Carol and glad that you come out of the lurking mode here and there.
    I guess the Plumeria know they are in a lower zone. Do they not want to bloom?

You do know that you surprised me.

I read: brumansia forum...but I am a lurker
    WS forum.....but I am a lurker.
    Plumeria ........and I already put the lurker in mode and it did not come rofl.

Oh boy I sure hope you do not have to drive in that mess.
    Talked to my sister in Germany yesterday and she said the spring flowers are growing nicely. It is so warm there this winter. So far.

What will the future hold for us??

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Welcome Carol to our brug family! Please stop being a lurker and just jump in like we all did. Hope your plumeria does well for you, and that your weather won't cause too many problems.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

Hi Carol,
    Brrrr, I thought we were cold, but now I see that I just don't know what cold is! I'm happy to see you posting!

Pam

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Welcome! Just ignore the plumeria until spring. When you see new growth start watering, sparingly, get them in as much sun and heat as you can as early as you can. Fertilize with a good bloomer food and you should get some blooms. These things will bloom from cuttings sitting on a shelf. Take them out in the sun on warm days, they will tolerate some cold just not freezing, put them in front of that sunny window with a heater by them or sitting on a heating pad as it gets closer to spring to wake them up.
    Tally HO!

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

Welcome Carol. Good to see another northlander 'afflicted' with this addiction.
    Will

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Welcome Carol!

Karen

• knotz
    14 years ago

Welcome to the forum Carol :)

• wickedwickedwitch
    14 years ago

Yo. welcome

• kasha77
    14 years ago

Hi Carol!
    I too was a northlander, but I headed south 4 years ago- so I sympathize with you suffering in that weather... but I secretly enjoyed when everything would grind to a halt & shut down- the kids got to stay home from school, they'd play in the snow, throwing snowballs & building forts, & then come in to thaw out with some home made hot cocoa & toast- Daddy couldn't go to work, so he spent the day shoveling off 3 feet of snow off the roof, & then he shoveled it off the driveway- sometimes 2x a day! The snow is so peaceful when it comes down in those big fluffy flakes- the snow just muffles every sound but the wind... and those black velvet skies at night, star studded like diamonds- I used to go out back & lay in the snow & make snow angels, & just stare up at the night in pure wonder...
    Welcome to this great forum, filled with caring people!
    kasha77

• carol57078
    14 years ago

Thank you guys!!! The kids come to school with boots and snow pants and love playing in the 10 inches of snow. Road are clearing up, some are snow packed. The brugs and plumerias are in the basement sleeping, hoping to start some seeds later. Carol

• lon2250
    14 years ago

Welcome Carol. Hope you stay. The more the merrier. :)

Kim