Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvbrugs

thanks Lucy,

luvbrugs
14 years ago

Lucy

you are a total angel!

thanks so much for your card. Xtmas is a very difficult time for me as i am away from home and since my mom died my sister and i dont talk anymore because of things dad gave her that my mom left, etc... Anyway, it really lifted my spirit to get your card, thanks so much.

Comments (6)

• chena
    14 years ago

Lucy is quite the Angel isn't she.. I am very sorry that you have differences with your sister.. I just lost my Father so I know how things can get realllly muddy.. BUT remember your sister is still with you and belongings are just stuff...Hugs!!

Kylie

• haase
    14 years ago

Oh please, make up with your sister.
    I lost my sister not long ago, she was my best friend, my couselor, my replacement-mother, and my soul mate and I wish for you to be on those terms with your sister. You will never regret it.
    Ingrid

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

If you could see the big smile I have right now. Having followed my heart and send out cards to my friends.

Kylie you are right. Material things should not come between family members. But they do! I have seen it in my own family and it is so sad. Just last month my sister refused to split the money amongst us 5 children now,to keep mom in a nursing home.

We said we are not going to let it get in the way between us. But it is hard to swallow.

But SHE has to live with it, that she can not repay for everything our mom did and gave up for us.

So, just wait and see what TIME will bring and stay here. We are always there for friends!!

Lucy

• luvbrugs
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks everyone, but it is her who has started all this. I am going to vent a little here, so please forgive me if it is too OT.
    She has kept one of my parents homes, the one that is worth three times the other one, and she has taken jewelry and stuff from my parents home. Not only that, but since i was 16 and she was ten i have been the one working for her every whim, from clothes to her trip to Brazil, Chile, etc... There has never been a thing she has wanted that i have not bought from her, even when my mom passed and i had to take care of the expenses, she had the nerve to ask for a digital cam she was needing for her masters course in dental photography and i bought it for her. Now she is upset because i havent signed the house over to her. I would have to travel to Peru to do it, and i can't she wont even offer to pay for the ticket! and she blames me that she is going through hardship as she can't motgage the house to get a loan to improve her dental clinic. She knows i have never been able to afford the IVF i need to at least try to have a child, she could have told dad that it was only fair to sell the house and each of us keep half, or she could buy me my half,but NO. She is keeping it period. She sent me a hateful e mail, and that was it, no more talking to her. She has used me all my life, and now that she got married she even wants more. I just dont have more to give her.
    again, guys, sorry for the vent, but i feel better now that i wrote it :)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

and that is why we are her. Not just brug talk...we're FRIENDS....and yes...sometimes better then family.

It is very sad and upsetting for you.
    Glad you vented and it always feels better after.
    Hugs
    Lucy

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

A big hug for you, Luvbrugs. It sounds like your sister has just gotten used to having everything she wants provided by you and now she's having a tantrum. Too bad for her, huh?

Chin up, sweetie, there is always Karma.

Pam