Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eloise_ca

Brug Honeymoon

eloise_ca
14 years ago

Got home and had a box from Country Garden with a brugmansia Honeymoon. I didn't order it so wondered who sent me this beautiful brug so I can thank you! I had never heard of Honeymoon before, but it is a beauty per the photo in CG. Here's the plant that's about 19 inches from the top of the soil.

{{gwi:589429}}

Comments (9)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Eloise sounds maybe suspiciously after a SS buddy?

Got to go check out what it looks like. Never had a honeymoon lol

Lucy

• knotz
    14 years ago

I can tell you that it was from your SS...That's all I'm saying :)

knotz

• jillybean1977
    14 years ago

Eloise I looked it up and it's a beautiful double pink. Wonder who your SS is?

Jill

• eloise_ca
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Lucy, Caren and Jill. It is a beautiful waxy pink flower. I wasn't able to find info on whether it likes cool weather or can take heat! There was one on a German website, but not much info on the English translation. Lucy, you have a waxy-looking brug, did it take your heat? Jill, right now the only people that know who my SS person is, are Caren and that person, AND neither has spoken up, LOL! Once I find out, I will post it on the "Received my SS gift" thread.

Man, it is raining cats and dogs here! Hope it stops by 9 AM because we have an hour drive to a Christmas brunch.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Eloise sometimes the waxy look comes just by HOW and WHEN you take the picture. But I actually do have a couple that ARE like wax lol They did not bloom until the fall...but neither did all the others almost.
    Was not a great season to COMPARE and see how they fare. IMHO

I would start out putting them in more sun and watch it...and if needed...move them to more shade???

I know the SS will step up when time is right :-)

Lucy

• jillybean1977
    14 years ago

Eloise, hope the rain stops for you. It's pouring here too. We have to drive to Dana Point tomorrow. Hope I don't have to drive in the rain. It's always a mess because CA drivers are not used to driving in the rain.

I would give Honeymoom morning sun only. At least that's what my doubles seem to do best in.

Jill

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Most of my doubles can't take full sun either. Morning sun and dappled light seems to work best for them although I haven't tried a pink double in full sun. The Naughty Nick lives in full sun but the buds all fall off until the weather gets cooler. Am going to try a cutting of it in another spot next year and see if they hold better with less sun. Will have to look that one up. You might ask JT about what conditions it likes. He should have a way to contact him on his website.

• eloise_ca
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Jill, Lucy and Kristy. For now, Honeymoon is in the house, but will certainly place outdoors after winter where it gets some morning sun and see how that goes. Thx Kristy, I will contact them.

It rained hard the entire day yesterday! When we were coming back, there was a Honda in front of us on the car pool lane. All of a sudden we see it swerve into the median and a piece came flying back. Don't know if it was part of the car or something in the road. My sil slow down so we would put some distance away from this car. Then, it swerved and hit the median a second time, and then swerved towards it a third time. We got out of the car pool lane so we wouldn't be behind this car and my DD called the highway patrol. Because of the rain, we couldn't see clearly into their car but it appeared to be an elderly couple. As my DD got off the phone, we saw flashing lights so the highway patrol was there immediately! It's true some (doesn't apply to me, LOL!) don't know how to drive in the rain, but sometimes it's just that some people shouldn't be driving AT ALL! Later, I wondered if that Honda driver had hit the median several other times before we saw him.

• wickedwickedwitch
    14 years ago

Nice little gift to find at your house.