Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amelia_pepper_lady

OT - Wii

amelia_pepper_lady
14 years ago

Gave my husband a Wii for Christmas. I'm something of a klutz --- rather more than some. Yesterday, we were "bowling" on the Wii. I almost ended up in the TV. I was really into the bowling. Took 3 large steps and WOW!

We have a table with the Nativity in front of the TV. I actually landed in the Nativity. I realized at the last second my head was about to enter the TV. So, I doubled over and crashed into the Nativity and table. H says he can see Joseph's staff and Baby Jesus imprinted in my forehead.

Comments (10)

• phoenixryan
    14 years ago

LOL, been there! Learned quickly to first turn off the ceiling fan, and next to not try to bowl wearing socks on a the tile floor!

Our goal is to practice a few of the games, so we can beat the nephews (all under the age of 5)!!

Phoenix Ryan

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Oh Amelia I have not laughed like that in a while ha ha ha ha

Glad I am not into this Wii. Bought my 2 grandsons 7 games for x mas because mom had bought them one for x mas. She tricked them and had them open 2 games first. They called me and said...but Oma...we don't have a Wii!!!! WOW is all I said lol

All I know is that if I need a laugh..I come and re read your post Amelia roflmao

Lucy

• taz56
    14 years ago

Lol! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only kid
    at heart in the group!Amelia I can just picture
    you sliding into the Nativity and table roflao!
    Ryan I can see you hung-up in the fan ain't it
    great to be a kid lol! Hope you'll weren't hurt!
    Susan

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Make sure you keep the wrist strap tight! We've had the Wii for a few years. It's my favorite game console and my older kids least favorite.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

Great save Amelia, I hope your head is ok. Is Baby Jesus OK? That sounds just like something I would do. Good thing we don't have one :-)

Pam

• haase
    14 years ago

They have a Wii at the Senior Center, where I play cards. Sometimes I LMAO when I watch them, standing at the door, but not seeing the TVscreen. I guess instead of laughing, I should join them.- Well, NO! That would interfere with Canasta!

Ingrid

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Another klutz here~

If you really want to entertain the family, try the advanced step game or Rhythm Kung Fu that comes on the Wii Fit Plus. NOT a pretty sight! LOL!!!

later...April

• wickedwickedwitch
    14 years ago

They put those wrist straps on there for a reason. Folks were chucking the remotes at the TVs.

I want the dance party game.

• njoynit
    14 years ago

I love my wii& I'm a wii addict.i bought another bowling game with the ball.I def wear the strap with the ball...afraid i'll forget& release.The ball is tricky& trying to get the hang of it.I got the wii fit plus for Christmas.I jogged 10 minutes burned 50 calories was losing both bra straps7 was all sweaty.My fit age has gone from 76 to 38 in 2 days.i got the wii resort too& tigerwood golf.Love the frisbe golf.

new years resolution-do wii fit plus 30 minutes a day.

I've bowled and knocked the lamp off table...hit dog in head...umm knocked beer off table.
    I got guitar hero& rockband for the wii too.I did mention I WAS ADDICTED!!!

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Oh gosh the mental image of that had me rolling on the floor, lol. Hope nothing got damaged too badly. The kids brought theirs last Christmas and we had a ball with it. I was sore for days, lol.