Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wickedwickedwitch

Bah Humbug

wickedwickedwitch
14 years ago

Here has been my vacation from teaching thus far this week:

1. my kid is home sick and puking on everything but the bucket or toilet.

2. My cat pee'ed in one of my brug pots. It took me three days to figure out which one. We like him too much to bbq him and serve him for Christmas Dinner.

3. We apparently owe $1900 in taxes that we didn't know about (we paid way back in Feb).

4. I get stitches taken out of my head tomorrow from hitting my head on a cupboard my husband left open cause he put dishes away that were not dry yet. He was letting the dishes "breathe"

5. I am sick of all the traffic outside of our place (we live right near a big shopping area. I am a lonely Jew at Christmas.

I feel better now.

Comments (23)

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

1. Send the kid to a relative
    2. Send the cat to the vet's
    3. Take one shot of tequila
    4. Make that two shots of tequila
    5. Oh, just drink the whole bottle of tequila. The Christmas mess will be over just about the same time as the hangover.

• haase
    14 years ago

Oh WWW, you're not alone! But you're young, you can handle it (that's because I said so!)
    And if, on top of it all, a fat guy grabs you and puts you in a bag, don't worry. I asked Santa for a new friend.
    And besides, what's this Humbug all about? I thought you celebrate Hanukkah. This stuff doesn't apply to you.

So, chin up, and be ready for a New Years Eve party to welcome 2010.

Ingrid.
    PS, the tequila sounds perfect!

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Amelia you said it lol

WWW you are NEVER ALONE!!! Heck now we know that Karyn is not alone lol

All you have to tell yourself, that it could be WORSE!!!! Just turn on the news...read the papers.

I spend over 200 Dollars in toys for our Elementary School because when I volunteered for the christmas...oh forgive me...the HOLIDAY store...I saw how poor the children are at that school. They have 190 out of 900 some students who do not have a home. Meaning they do not live with their parents because they can not afford them.

Love your child and be happy he is with you.

I hope luck will come your way and for all that is happening in your life right now...there will be a resolution of the good kind :-)

Happy Holidays

Ingrid ha ha ha you are so funny too.

Lucy

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

See www, it helps to vent here; now you are feeling better! Although it didn't turn out good for you, I still got a kick out of hubby leaving the cabinet door opened so the wet dishes would "breathe" LOL!

Lucy, let me correct you. If you bought Christmas presents for the school's store, then you can call it a Christmas store! I don't think anyone here would be insulted if you said so.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Oh Eloise of course I KNOW THAT :-) It just really bothers me that to be correct in todays world .....the schools can not say merry Christmas.

Let me tell you, I had my volunteer orientation before I could work there and you can not even mention religion. I am even not showing my cross I wear most of the time.

I did not donate to the holiday store. That is the fundraiser lol. but to a teacher *cis*??? who did a gift giving for the needy this year and was WAY behind in getting a gift for every child.

Trust me Eloise...if I am NOT at school...I will continue to say...HO HO HO

not Oh oh oh....now there you can say bu humbag hahahaha

Lucy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Was that a joke or are you really having a sh*tty week? Your kid will eventually stop barfing and depening on their age tell them if they miss the bucket or toilet again they are responsible for the clean up. Believe it or not but that worked on my 4 yr old. He hasn't missed since I made that threat.

Tell your accountant that his firm should be partially responsible for the screw up and any penalities imposed.

Buy a new hat to cover the stitches and then something to celebrate getting them removed.

If Jewish go out for Chinese food on Christmas Eve and the movies on Christmas Day.

Buy earplugs to buffer the noise. Sit back with a bottle of wine (or tequilla), smile and think that it will all be over soon.

Have a Happy New Year.

• pearlgirl
    14 years ago

WWW... there is no pitty party going on around this forum.
    Everyone's just saying that things could be much worse. We
    ALL know that already...so...get on your best foot and
    look on the brighter side.
    Wishing you some good cheer!!!
    Margaret

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

I am not a 'Religious' person, but the mid-winter festivities can be deeply depressing for many people, Christian and otherwise. I am 'celebrating' my 10th Christmas without my family and was very sad and not eager for the inevitable gatherings of people who are not my family, going through the motions of traditions which are not mine.

But then a strange thing happened.... we were driving around enjoying the Christmas lights (probably the only holiday tradition that has followed me south) and in the middle of the the lights and the glitter a small sign I spied, it read. "Jesus is the reason for the season' and I remembered something very important.

It is not the noise, or the fuss or the lights or the commercial crap that matters... its the message behind it all, not specifically the christian story of the babe and the manger, but the real message!!!

Peace on Earth!

I hope your head heals and your children get well and the cat learns better potty habits, but most of all I wish you (and everone else)

PEACE

Frances

• chena
    14 years ago

hehehe!! CHEERS!!!

Kylie

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

I'm sorry things aren't going good for you. They aren't so hot for me either right now. Enough said.

Linda

• rigo74
    14 years ago

WWW Im here if you need a tequila drinking partner ;0)Okay heres how will start one shot for you & one for me, two shots for you & two for me, now three shots for you & four for me ( sorry its the MEXICAN in me) Oh by the way is there a worm in the bottle, Ill race you to the bottom of the bottle. LOL Hope you and the family get to feeling better soon.

Rigo

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

www, hopefully things are better for you than when you first wrote this post. We are all wishing you the best, and see, even want to have a drink with you, LOL!

Linda, praying things are looking up for you.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Rigo roflmao

Linda things should look a lot easier if you do the drinking thing with Rigo lol

Lucy

• beachplant
    14 years ago

I'm at work. We're really busy.

I'd tell you how this week has gone but don't have that much time.

My Aunt made my mom the coolest quilt, it's Kansas something and all Wizard of Oz materials!!

If life gives you lemons throw them!
    Tally HO!

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Hope things are better at your house by now. I'll volunteer to assist with that tequila run, lol. Rigo you crack me up, lol. You can have the worm.

• wickedwickedwitch
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks folks. We had a great day. But the kid is still sick. We will be at the doc in the morning.

And the stitches- the doctor came in and apologized that they shaved my head so much. Apparently the girl who did it got in big ole trouble. Yet I am here with the bald spot. Here are some holiday pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: mother mother ocean

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

WWW, after looking at your pictures....I forgot all about your troubles!!

Count your blessings...you got the most precious one right there with you!!!

Lucy

• jillybean1977
    14 years ago

I agree with Lucy. What an adorable little boy. Hope he's feeling better today.

Jill

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

Hope things continue to improve. Maybe the doc can prescribe something that makes him feel better very soon.

I hope you didn't take offense at my first post. I was just trying to give you a chuckle. I tend to laugh at my own miseries. (There's one weekend 20 years ago that I continue to call "The Weekend in Hell." I've thought about writing a book based on our misadventures that weekend.)

Take care,
    Amelia

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

Love your pix. I expect they helped many of us relive moments of joy watching our own children and now Grandchildren in these moments. Keep that camera clicking! You and he will love these reminders 20, 30, 40 yrs from now.
    Hope both you and he are doing better.
    will

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Great pics Nicole, your little boy is just precious!
    I hope you both continue to improve!
    Happy Holidays!
    Karen

• chena
    14 years ago

What Great Pic's!!!!!

Kylie

• figara
    14 years ago

WWW nice picture. You have a very cute boy.

Pat

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting