Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rmbill_gw

Lets put some faces to names.

rmbill
12 years ago

I have been chatting here for 2 or 3 years and I only know what a very few people look like. I would really like to be chatting with a person instead of a chat name. Call me weird, I guess. This is me, for better or worse. I hope others will share. Happy New Year everybody.

Bill

{{gwi:591388}}

Comments (74)

• byrd4460
    12 years ago

Bill, So your were living in the Lakeland Highlands area.
    Maybe someday you will decide to visit Lakeland in the future
    then you can stop by so we chat about Brugs.
    Cb

• rmbill
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I would really enjoy that, Cb. I may just go that.
    Bill

• kasha77
    12 years ago

So many wonderful happy folks! Great seeing all of you! Hope more join in! By the way- "Happy new Years!"

• chena
    12 years ago

We sure have some Good Lookin Bruggers here!!
    Kay the door is always open.. Come On!!! :0)

Kylie

• rosco_p
    12 years ago

I don't post here often but I find myself following the chatter. Being from Canada I feel a bit isolated when it comes to all the great trading of cuttings etc. that you people are able to do.I thought that I would include a picture for reference anyway and as you can see I have one of my garden helpers with me. {{gwi:591398}}

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

Aw, don't feel isolated! Good lookin' pair of boys there, btw!

• chena
    12 years ago

Rosco!! I have sent many cuttings and plants to Canada.. We have more than few Canadians here...Glad you posted a pic!! NICE!!!!!!! ;0)
    I hope to see you around OFTEN!!!!

Kylie

• figara
    12 years ago

Happy New Year! Here's another face...
    {{gwi:591399}}

Pat

• kayjones
    12 years ago

Oh, EVERYONE is so good looking! Keep posting!

Karyn, we are WAITING ON YOURS!

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I still have to upload pics from FL. Actually I have to find my camera first. We just dumped everthing in the foyer when we got in last night. It looks worse then the mountain of dishes that Jake left for me!

• rmbill
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Pat. You California girls always look so California-y. Tanned and fresh looking. Nice.
    I sent cuttings to some one in California and the Cal. Dept. of Agriculture called me and then sent me a letter stating that when I send this stuff there, that I should put on the package what it is and that they can open it for inspection. They said that the drug sniffing dogs found them at the Post Office. They did deliver them though.
    Bill

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Not sure why I look so sunburned, I'm not. I had Jake take a pic a few minutes ago. The FL pics were at the beach and I'm not posting a pic of me in a bathing suit!
    {{gwi:483872}}

• figara
    12 years ago

Karyn, you are so pretty. Few years ago I saw a picture of you and your hair was short. Now you have long hair. I love it. You do look tanned :-)

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Thanks. My hair has never been short. It was probably pulled back and just looked shorter. I don't have a face that can carry a short hair style. I'd look like a hamster. lol

• kasha77
    12 years ago

Karyn- you look fab! Pretty bronzed looking- like you just got back from a skiing trip! Hope you enjoyed your self! Thanks for posting-

• kayjones
    12 years ago

OK, Karyn - NOW it all makes sense! LOL!!!!!

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Kay what am I missing? What makes sense?

• kayjones
    12 years ago

I was teasing you. Beautiful women are known as 'untouchable', which you are in the plant community - you have it all - beautiful face AND beautiful plants!

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Thanks. We're all a good looking group. How could we not be? We love plants.

I've received some odd emails in response to posting my pic. All have said "I thought that you were much older." Do I come across as a little old lady or something?

Don't I wish that I had it all! lol

• kasha77
    12 years ago

Karyn- I don't think they meant older- but pretty wise in your knowledge!

• karyn1
    12 years ago

No Kathy, they really meant older, as in age. lol

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Whew, it's hard to take a picture of myself, lol! I tried to post a smaller size picture, but it still came out too big. Oh well, greetings from southern California brug/plant lovers!
    {{gwi:591400}}

• rmbill
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the picture, Eloise. I love having faces for the names. I had my daughter take my picture since I don't know ANYTHING about camera timers and such.
    Bill

• figara
    12 years ago

Oops! I do not know what happened with my picture I cannot find it. Here is one from last summer in Europe :-)

{{gwi:591401}}

• kayjones
    12 years ago

Eloise, you KNOW you are beautiful! I love the picture. Karyn's right - how could we all not be beautiful? We spend most of our free time outdoors in the fresh air and sun, or indoors, where we keep our minds healthy by caring for something other than ourselves - you can't lose if you garden!

Karyn, I always thought you were a young thing!

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Pat, did you delete the first picture from photobucket or whatever you use? If so, it will remove it from here.

Karyn, I too thought your hair was a bit shorter than that. More shoulder length and sort of page boy. You are beautiful regardless of hair length :-)

Bill, I haven't tried to figure out how to set the timer on my camera. I usually just put it on auto and shoot, LOL!

Thanks Jo! We are a fortunate bunch to be able to play in dirt :-)

Kylie, I recall seeing that clip of you, Lucy and Kristy. It was hilarious with all three waiting on John to take the picture only to realize he was recording it!

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Eloise you know what was wrong with the pic of Kylie, Kristy and Lucy? We weren't there! They looked like they were having a great time.

My hair has never been shoulder length. This is about as short as it's ever been but it was layered/angled so it probably looked shorter.

I have no idea how to use auto shoot or set the timer on any of my cameras. Might help if I would read a users manuel. lol

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Can you imagine Karyn if we were all there? Texas would kick us out for disturbing the peace, LOL! Ditto on never reading the manual.

So, anyone else going to post their picture?

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

I got my hair cut a little, so I'll post a new photo. How's that?
    {{gwi:591402}}
    Diane aka Tommysmommy

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

By the way Figara, you're GLAMOROUS!

• chena
    12 years ago

{{gwi:591403}}

Thank Goodness I have more than one..LOL
    El,Karyn if ya'll would have been there that would have been something!! 0_0

• rmbill
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This is great. I am loving it. Even better than I had hoped for. It is so nice to see all of the smiling faces and have an idea who I am chatting with. I wonder if the other chats get along like this one seems to? There have been a couple of testy times but, all in all, everybody seems to enjoy each other. I have lurked at a couple of other sites that, at times, got really evil. Not fun.
    Bill

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Diane your hair looks great. What I really love is your smile in the first pic. It lights up your whole face!

Bill the plumeria forum is very friendly as well, but other then these two I haven't found any of the others that are. I've seen it get downright nasty on a few of the other GW forums. I don't post on any of the other gardening sites but belong to a couple of the Facebook groups which are very friendly.

• arghyagardengirl
    12 years ago

OK...I used to look like this:
    {{gwi:591404}}

Now...I look like this.
    {{gwi:591406}}

The moral of the story is: eat your Wheaties, take your vitamins, find and use a good face cream...and stay out of trouble.

• rmbill
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Liz, you are as pretty as your flowers. Or you use to be. :-)
    Bill

• arghyagardengirl
    12 years ago

Thanks Bill...

Girls don't accept passes from guys who don't wear glasses!
    LOL!

The pea-green look is very much in this year! :)

Kylie, on the other hand, CAN'T stay out of trouble. LOL!

• kayjones
    12 years ago

Liz, I look like your second picture and the hair on your chin looks just LIKE MINE! Do you curl yours?!!! I do, and comb it into my long hair - the nose hairs are next!

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

AHAHAHA! Cackling!!!!!

• arghyagardengirl
    12 years ago

You guys crack me up! ROFLMAO!!!!

• huneybunch_2000
    12 years ago

Im not here to often but I will add my photo and join the conversations more often if someone will tell how to upload a photo

• kayjones
    12 years ago

Huneybunch, go to tinypic.com, upload a photo that you have stored on your hard drive, copy the FIRST html code, come back here, go to the message box, PASTE what you just copied and hit preview - your picture SHOULD appear. If it doesn't, just try again - sometimes the code doesn't copy, so just keep trying until it works.

• sharbear50
    12 years ago

Here is mine. I haven't used photobucket in a long time so I hope it works.
    {{gwi:591408}}

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Great post Bill. Almost a month old.
    Jerry

• rmbill
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Jerry. I am sure enjoying it.
    I am getting ready to try and start some Brug seeds. Wish me luck because I really suck at it. I haven't figured out how to keep them from drying out without ending up with them waterlogged.
    Bill

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Now, surely there are other members that can post their picture! Where's Caren, Annette, Barb, Barbra, Bob, Brenda (I know, she's too busy celebrating her birthday and getting ready for tax season!), Theresa, April, Daniella, Dorothy, Dave, Shawn, Susan, etc., etc.

Jerry, you need to re-post yours, please.

Liz, I like your hobo bag on your 2nd picture :-)

Sharbear, welcome to the best site in GW!

• kayjones
    12 years ago

Eloise, maybe they haven't visited this forum since Bill posted the challenge - maybe you could email them through their GW page and let them know we would love to 'see' them!

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Hey Eloise,
    Here ya go. Tiny Pic must not keep the pics up very long.
    Jerry
    {{gwi:591410}}
    Click on pic to enlarge.

• rmbill
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I thought I would bring this to the front so we can refresh our memories a little.
    Bill

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Thanks Jerry. Your dd is a cutie! BTW, what is that spray bottle for; to spray the dog?

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Hey Eloise,
    The little girl, Ellie, is one of my 3 grand daughters. The spray bottle is for her to water my plants.
    Jerry