Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
butterflyer1966

in my garden July 2008

Butterflyer1966
15 years ago

Hi y'all,

trying to post a slideshow of my newest garden-pictures..

Hope it works and enjoy... :)

Butterfly-Greetings

Susanne(SUE)

Here is a link that might be useful: Slideshow

Comments (8)

• terramadre
    15 years ago

Nicely done!

• MissMyGardens
    15 years ago

Wow...do you get a lot of butterflies!

The pictures were gorgeous and I loved seeing so many different butterflies.

Over what time span were photos of all those butterflies taken? Day, month, summer? I'm jealous. :)

Thanks for sharing.

• gcertain
    15 years ago

Sue, as usual you have ten times as many butterflies as I do. I'm glad you're finding time to get outside and enjoy them. I'm amazed by all those variegated fritillaries. I don't think I've ever seen more than one at a time, and usually not more than one or two in a year. I think your hairstreak may be Cupido comyntas, eastern tailed blue. Keep those "butts" and pics coming!
    geni

• Butterflyer1966
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi again,
    thanks for those nice comments..
    Those pictures where taken within 1! day in my garden..
    I counted 97 Butterflies on one Buddleia...The Var. Frits, PL, and Buckeyes are everywhere this year and they dont even mind if I stand very close to the Bushes to takes pictures..Sometimes they even land on me for a second.. :)
    This is my second Summer up here in my new Garden in Alabama and I am so loving it..I have never seen that many Butterflies in my Garden before..
    I promise I will keep them Pictures coming..
    By the Way, I dont have too many different plants, but what works for me great are:
    Buddleia
    Black Eyed Susan
    Lantana
    Buddleia, especially the Dark Kind
    diff. Wildflowers
    Bee Balm
    Butterfly-Greetings
    Susanne(SUE)

• suzannie41
    15 years ago

Hi Susanne,

From another Suzanne-I loved your slideshow. So many butterflies. Just beautiful! When I lived in Florida I had so many butterflies in my garden too. Now I'm in Pennsylvania, and I've hardly seen any this year yet. I am hopeful, though.

Sue

• tweetypye
    15 years ago

Oh dang....I get an error message when I try to see your slide show. Have you removed it?
    Jan

• Butterflyer1966
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dear Jan
    I dont know what happened, but I include the link to the slideshow again.
    Where are you in Alabama??
    Enjoy..
    Susanne(SUE)

Here is a link that might be useful: Butterflies in July

• tweetypye
    15 years ago

Thank you Sue....I enjoyed your slideshow...you sure have lots of butterflies. Your kitties are cute too. :)
    I live in central AL...just north of Montgomery, in the country about 8 miles from a little town called Wetumpka.
    I have lots of butterflies too, but not as many as you do.
    Thanks for reposting the show.
    Jan

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner