Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woollybear69

Female POLYPHEMUS Moth.

woollybear69
9 years ago

January 6, 2,015.......At 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon, a female Polyphemus Moth started to eclose, while resting on the bottom of my terrarium. since Dec. 2, 2,014. This is the same Moth, that I had removed it's Pupa, from it's Cocoon, on Dec. 2, 2,014. This female Moth, eclosed normally, and it was born healthy, and it was able to fly normally. It took about 2 hours, for it's wings to fully open. This female Moths abdomen, was very large and swollen, and full of eggs. I saw the end of her abdomen, where her eggs came out. There was one egg, right at the entrance, to where her eggs came out. Also, there was one egg, stuck to the left side of her abdomen. At 7:00 p.m. in the evening, when it was dark outside, I took this female Moth outside, to set her free. I carefully placed this female Moth on a concrete wall, near my front door. I then went inside my house, and waited. After I had waited for 30 minutes inside my house, I looked outside the glass window, that is right next to my front door, and the female Moth, was gone. The female Moth, had flown away............More photos to follow.........( To learn, is to be bold. To be bold, is to take chances ) ......

Comments (8)

Sponsored