Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pipevine needed

Posted by butterflyaddict 9 ish (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 23, 12 at 9:44

Hello all, I am serching for Aristolochia tomentosa, wolly pipevine. I can get seeds but really would like a plant. Can anyone suggest a place to purchase this besides Georgia vine?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pipevine needed

Try Mail Order Natives. Amy's plants are very healthy, and her prices are reasonable.

o

I agree with BFmomok...I bought 2 A.tormentosas from Amy & both are doing great! (This will be their 4th season, I think?)
A. tormentosa
If you want some A.fimbriata seeds, I have some I can share! The PVSTs seem to prefer it over my 2 tormentosas to lay their eggs on...the leaves are a lot more tender!
A.fimbriata

Email me if you are interested! ;o)

o

Wow! Those are amazing looking Pipevines! Looks like they both are getting part shade??? Do you fertilize your PVs? I have a lot of problems getting the stuff to grow at all for me.

Susan

o

Thanks for the responses. great pictures!

o

These pictures were from 2010...a great BF year!!! & plant year! Last year both my A.tormentosas did well but the A.fimbriata was more scanty than the picture.

Susan,I do have them in part shade or they wouldn't have made it through this past summer! I am on well water & they are watered regularly even with the drought. I think I put some compost & mulched the roots on the tormentosas. I also tried some fertilizer that would increase blooms but they still haven't flowered. My A.fimbriatas didn't have as many seeds as they have in other years...probably from being eaten more than anything else. I've scattered a lot of new seeds this winter in other areas that are mostly shade to see if I can get more growing for the PVSTs + I love the way it looks!

***butterflyaddict...did you see my question asking if you would like some A. fimbriata seeds??? Email me if you do!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here