Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with conservation for the love of Monarchs

Posted by kristin10152001 none (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 8, 12 at 9:04

Hello everyone

Like everyone on here we love Monarchs and want to preserve them for our future generations, well I want to take my efforts from the waystation that me, my 2 year old and husband built to the next level and begin raising healthy Monarchs for release into the wild. We believe in the programs that monarchwatch and mlmp.org organize that we want to be a larger part than just our waystation. If you will please follow the link below to read more and please share the link with family and friends.

http://www.gofundme.com/ebtns

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with conservation for the love of Monarchs

Growing up, every summer I collected monarch cats from my uncle's farm in Fremont.

How many monarchs (or other lepidoptera) did you raise last year?

KC

o

Good luck with your efforts to help Monarchs Kristin, you are kind of preaching to the choir here because many of us raise Monarchs and other butterflies. What are you planning to do with the $2000 you hope to raise? I have found that raising butterflies requires lots of time (very fun time at that!) but not much $$$, especially if you grow the host plants from seed.

o

KC: I am planning on 2000 a week

Terrene:The $2000 is for equipment to test that they are free from disease, flight house, hydroponic grow system for milkweed and other nectar source plants.
We are looking at using the hydro system to grow the plants and be able to start monarch waystations at local schools so that the children can observe and learn.

Thank you both very much for your interest!
Please share the link with friends and family, my husband, son, and I are very passionate about getting this project started :)

o

Wow that is a lot Last year was my first year raising about 60 cost like $10. I planted milkweed and bought hanging compartment to put chrysalis in. Mostly I spent lots of time and effort, it's like having a newborn puppy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here