Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Early butterfly sighting in Ohio

Posted by mbhoneybee63 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 12 at 19:18

I was thrilled to see my first butterfly today, a cabbage white! I am a mail carrier so I am outdoors for 6-7 hrs a day. Today was a sunny and 50 degrees with crocuses and jonquils starting to bloom. It seems quite early to see any activity but I have to say it made my day! If it weren't for the cw'ts in the spring and fall there would be very few sightings of bf's at all...hurry up spring!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Early butterfly sighting in Ohio

That's great to hear - those cabbage whites are SO pretty! I'm sure you'll be seeing more butterflies in the near future!
Sherry

o
RE: Early butterfly sighting in Ohio

I saw my first butterfly of the season this week. It was orange-ish but I didn't get close enough to see what it was for sure, maybe a Goatweed Leafwing. It seems early but it won't get frozen anytime soon. Our forecast looks pretty warm for now.
There aren't many flowers blooming in my yard, just a little creeping phlox and daffodils. I think I'll put out some fruit. I have some bananas that are getting too ripe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here