Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wifey2mikey

Sandy?

wifey2mikey
11 years ago

Sandy - I know that you were very close to the tornado that came through last night... praying that you are okay and were spared any damage. Please check in today!

~Laura

Comments (6)

• bananasinohio
    11 years ago

Please do! Hope all is well.
    Elisabeth

• butterflymomok
    11 years ago

Thanks for the concern, Laura and Elisabeth. We did have a tornado go through our neighborhood, within a few hundred feet of our house. The good thing is that the twister was not on the ground, so most of the damage was done to roofs and dormers. One house had windows blown out. Trees were also uprooted and damaged. The worst damage was about two blocks away. The second story of a house was destroyed and sections of roofs were removed from houses. The storm went through about midnight. Sirens woke us up, and the hail was deafening. The funnel was rain wrapped, so it was hard to see on radar or by spotters. The wind sounded funny to me, but there was nothing on TV, so I went back to bed. I didn't realize there was damage until this morning when I heard helicopters in the area. Having been through other tornadoes, I knew that there had to be storm damage in the area. It's always a relief to realize that we went through another twister, and no one was hurt.

• bananasinohio
    11 years ago

It is funny how weather just doesn't sound right. I have had that experience. I am so glad you are okay and no one was hurt.
    Elisabeth

• wifey2mikey
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the update Sandy. My daughter lives just two miles west of you and she had us up and on the phone with her. I'm glad you were spared and am praying for those who were affected. Thankful it appears no one was injured.

~Laura

• MissSherry
    11 years ago

Whew! 'So glad you're alright, Sandy! I hope your property didn't have any damage.

Sherry

• butterflymomok
    11 years ago

We had no damage--a few hundred feet away, a different story. But the good news is no injuries! Spavinaw, a small town to the NE sustained quite a bit of damage. No injuries! There were four tornadoes between us and the NE corner of OK, and no injuries! Wish this was always true. I am feeling grateful and thankful.

Sandy

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH