Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sandy?

Posted by wifey2mikey 6b Tulsa (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 7:51

Sandy - I know that you were very close to the tornado that came through last night... praying that you are okay and were spared any damage. Please check in today!

~Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sandy?

Please do! Hope all is well.
Elisabeth

o

Thanks for the concern, Laura and Elisabeth. We did have a tornado go through our neighborhood, within a few hundred feet of our house. The good thing is that the twister was not on the ground, so most of the damage was done to roofs and dormers. One house had windows blown out. Trees were also uprooted and damaged. The worst damage was about two blocks away. The second story of a house was destroyed and sections of roofs were removed from houses. The storm went through about midnight. Sirens woke us up, and the hail was deafening. The funnel was rain wrapped, so it was hard to see on radar or by spotters. The wind sounded funny to me, but there was nothing on TV, so I went back to bed. I didn't realize there was damage until this morning when I heard helicopters in the area. Having been through other tornadoes, I knew that there had to be storm damage in the area. It's always a relief to realize that we went through another twister, and no one was hurt.

o

It is funny how weather just doesn't sound right. I have had that experience. I am so glad you are okay and no one was hurt.
Elisabeth

o

Thanks for the update Sandy. My daughter lives just two miles west of you and she had us up and on the phone with her. I'm glad you were spared and am praying for those who were affected. Thankful it appears no one was injured.

~Laura

o

Whew! 'So glad you're alright, Sandy! I hope your property didn't have any damage.

Sherry

o

We had no damage--a few hundred feet away, a different story. But the good news is no injuries! Spavinaw, a small town to the NE sustained quite a bit of damage. No injuries! There were four tornadoes between us and the NE corner of OK, and no injuries! Wish this was always true. I am feeling grateful and thankful.

Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here