Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Have Monarch Cats

Posted by bandjzmom 7 NWGeorgia (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 9:40

Wow. I have never had Monarch cats at this time of year, but I have them now. I had not planned to try to bring any of them in because my potted Tropical milkweed is just not ready yet. However, after spotting the little boogers out in the yard yesterday, I am thinking that I can try to save at least a few. They are on my Butterfly Weed and my Common Milkweed. The Common MW actually has some decent size going now, so here I go. I am goin out there to get em...... Wish me luck!~~Angie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Have Monarch Cats

Good luck, Angie - you'll need it, trying to raise monarch cats on small milkweed plants!
Sherry

o

Gosh, do I ever know that to be true Sherry! I didn't bring in too many of them.

o

Wishing you luck, Angie. I can definitely relate!

Sandy

o

Thanks Sandy. My Common MW is getting pretty big now. Can cut some of it and bring it down if I need to.

o

Hi Bandjzmom,

I am in Northeast Georgia and I have never seen Monarchs this time of year either. Always in August. I have had two moms lay eggs on milkweed and I am hoping I don't run out of food! I already bought two new plants and hoping they will grow fast!
It is unusual! And wonderful!

o

I've had Monarch Mommas in the garden again this week. The egg laying hasn't stopped in the last 4 weeks. Never, ever had a year like this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here