Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pipevine

Posted by zebra_lover 9a/9b (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 6, 11 at 10:20

Hello,
Haven't posted in a long time. Was looking to get some pipevine specifically for the pipevine swallowtails and there was a place here in Florida that sold them but I can't remember who it was. Can someone advise? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pipevine

You mean dutchmans pipe? I know Mail Order Natives has some pretty cheap and there in Florida.

o

If you get some best get Aristolochia tomentosa it grows fast for me and Aristolochia fimbriata White Veined these grow fast and mine do better in half sun morning.I also have tons of Aristolochia macroura it grows in shade well and likes alot of water.
Angie

Here is a link that might be useful: pipevine

o

That's it. Mail Order Natives. It is the Tomentosa. I had Pipevine swallowtails lay eggs on my other pipevines but they don't make it due to the toxicity. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Butterfly Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here