Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
efeuer

More sprouts!

Liz
10 years ago

Thanks for the info about tithonia, Miss Sherry. Guess I will have to retrieve my jugs from outside and put them on the heating pad. Not sure what I will do once they sprout, though-I don't really have enough sun in my windows for them. I have a small tabletop fluorescent plant light, though. Maybe my husband will schlep it up from the basement for me.

So far, my sprout report is:

Agastache
Asclepias tuberosa
Allium cernuum
Monarda punctata
Monarda fistulosa
Rue
Zinnia

All up!
Still waiting on Liatris, pycnanthemum, asclepias incarnata, prairie dropseed, tithonia, and yvonne's salvia. Also just received two coral honeysuckle plants I bought and am waiting to plant out. So maybe I'll get some Hummers as well as butterflies. Unfortunately, I seem to have injured my knee, probably a torn meniscus, and I can't put weight on the foot. I think I may have to enlist help from my gardener to take care of all the planting this spring. Fortunately I still get to enjoy the butterflies! And he needs the money, poor guy.

One quick question-the swamp milkweed I planted has all the seeds sitting on the surface of the soil. I guess I didn't bury them deeply enough. Should I sift some soil on top of them?
Liz

Comments (4)