Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary_littlerock_ar

first Giant Swallowtail cat spotted this morning

Mary Leek
12 years ago

On my quick walk a round recently, I noticed what I thought was a Giant Swallowtail egg on the Rue. Sure enough, this morning there is a tiny little cat munching away. I'm hoping mama GST left more eggs and I just haven't spotted them. I should bring the little guy in as they are quite easy to care for. Because of my husband's illness, I'd not planned on raising any cats indoors this season but as always, I see the tiny litte things and the desire to try and protect them kicks in!

Also noticed pipevine eggs on the pipevines. Sherry, not one seed pod developed on the pipevines but at least I got to see the blooms! :-)

Hope everyone is having early success this spring. I've yet to see a Monarch but my days are mostly spent at the hospital so if any have stopped by, I've missed them. The common milkweed that is now three years old (and growing in a big pot) has finally grown the size of leaves I'd expect to see on this plant. I guess it takes the plants a few seasons to mature. Another big pot I started last year contains only very small common milkweed plants while the other pot with the older plants have huge plants and leaves already. I do believe one of those big leaves could feed several baby cats all day.

Mary

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor