Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Accuweather - 25 day forecast

christie_sw_mo
12 years ago

Accuweather used to have a 15 day forecast and now it goes out to 25 days. It may not be very accurate out that far but it's interesting to look.

We haven't had a late frost here yet this spring but there's a couple night's that are supposed to get down into the upper thirties according to their forecast which is a bit lower than when I checked it a couple days ago so that worries me. Everything is so far along here. It would be awful to get a frost/freeze now.

This is the forecast for me. Put in your zip code or city and state in the blank to see yours.

Here is a link that might be useful: 25 day forecast on Accuweather.com

Comments (7)

• Tony G
    12 years ago

Christie,

the weather forecasters can barely get the weather right a week out....and we were forecast to have a cold winter with higher than average snow amounts. In reality, we had our 4th warmest winter on record and the lowest snowfall total in memory. So, a 25 day forecast? Let's see them get the weekend right FIRST...lol

• MissSherry
    12 years ago

Hmmm....that's interesting that they've even predicted exact amounts of rain for your area, Christie. When I put my zip code in, I got a typical calendar and with no exact rainfall amounts predicted.

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: No Lower Than Low 50's

• buddyben
    12 years ago

Very cool website. Forecasters are quite accurate in "my neck of the woods."

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Misssherry - Click on "Extended Forecast" above the calendar, then click on the link for "All 25 days" that will appear right above the 5-day forecast. That will show the precip.

I don't trust the forecast either. I've been wanting to plant annuals so bad but I've been waiting.

• larry_gene
    12 years ago

I just saved the 25-day webpage for Portland. At the end of the month I will compare to the actual results.

The monthly summary at page bottom was wildly inaccurate.

It looks to me more like a computer modeling than an actual forecast, as it is not possible to forecast rain to within 1/100 inch.

All one can expect is that days ending up being dry vs. wet or above vs. below average temperature roughly match the predictions, plus or minus one day. The precise temperatures and rainfall will not closely match.

• butterflyman
    12 years ago

I hope they're right. I've got a school that wants to start planting next week.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The upper thirties that were in my forecast for mid April are now gone and the lowest temp I see is 45. I need to lock that in somehow. lol

Still not planting my annuals.

Sponsored