Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary_littlerock_ar

What co do you use for your photo inserts?

Mary Leek
11 years ago

Picasa is all goofed up; I cannot locate my 4 years of on line albums.

Need to find an online photo service that is easy to use to embed photos in our messages.

Can anyone suggest one that will work with gardenweb messages?

My thanks,

Mary

Comments (6)

• Mary Leek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just tried Photobucket. This was copied from a free Photobucket account and it's working OK. Now to see if I can learn how to create albums, etc.

I googled trying to find on line services and this Photobucket and another called Flickr came up.

The photo below is the FIRST butterfly I've spotted in my garden this year. By the time I'd run in and grabbed a camera and gotten back down to the garden, he'd had enough basking in the warm sunshine and off he flew before I could get close. I just cropped this and it's not very good. Can anyone tell what it is? I'm not too familiar with the underwing markings. Might it be a black swallowtail? His little feathers are sticking up off of his head. :-)

Mary

{{gwi:460613}}

• Mary Leek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, I think I've answered my own question about this little guy. I just checked and my black swallowtail has eclosed and I'll bet the little guy I saw earlier is my fall baby who overwintered on a stick outside on the deck.

I'm off to look up a photo of the underwings of the black swallowtail.

Mary

• butterflymomok
    11 years ago

This is a Black Swallowtail. You can tell by the mark on the upper forewing that can be seen through the wing. The white crescent-shaped smudge is what I'm referring to. Congrats!

I've used Photoshop for years with good results.

Sandy

• MissSherry
    11 years ago

I use Photobucket, Mary, but they've gotten me confused since they changed things. Now I get the direct link, use my old imbed prefix, add the direct link, and finish it the way I used to do. You can use links for forums, but, for whatever reason, they didn't work for me.

When I try to type out what I use for my links, it doesn't show up on this post, just Image hosted by Photobucket.com. If you need to, I can try and give you the information on an e-mail.

Sherry

• Mary Leek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sandy,

Thank you for the confirmation. It almost has to be my fall over wintered BST. I watched for him the rest of the afternoon, even put out a big pot of blooming Pentas for nectar, in case he returned; guess he's off and away on his life journey without even a backward glance. :-)

Mary

• Mary Leek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sherry,

Thank you so much for your offer and the information on Photobucket. Now that I've found this online photo storage service, I've been able to figure out how to embed the photo. I know what you mean about knowing one sequence of steps, then having it changed and trying to work through a new system.

I finally figured out how to locate my old Picasa albums by clearing my browser cache. I don't care for the setup of Google+, so need to migrate away from Picasa, I guess. Just grateful I was finally able to get back into the old albums. I have a paid online service but they don't allow linking to the photos.

congrats on your recent sighting of the Red Admiral. My false nettle seeds have yet to germinate but I did purchase fruit I'm allowing to over ripen. Maybe that will draw in a Red Admiral one day.

Mary

Sponsored